OT Sale: DSLR

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by fishnfst, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I jsut spent my money on a the canon 100mm macro!

2. iani

iani Guest

Thats no excuse Tony.

3. mark_s

mark_s Guest

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Canon XSi. I was originally looking at the D80, but just like how the XSi feels in my hands (I have smaller hands).

XSi + 18-55mm kit lens + 100mm Macro + 10-22mm W/A is the way I'm leaning right now. That will keep me busy until I get a better handle on photography.

4. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Right on.. Thats the same reason I went with the nikon.. The canons felt too small and cramped in my hands.. The controls are too close together for me.. The nikon just felt better...

Good Luck with whatever you get.. Take lots of pics and post them here....

5. Elite

Elite Guest

I have a small hand too and I have the Nikon. But like Doug I like the Nikon better ;D .. Most everyone here (Art, Eric, Rich, Doug, Ian....) use a Nikon. Their pics are great..

6. iani

iani Guest

I just chose nikon because thats what all my friends have. Its easy for me to get tips and cheap upgrades. hahaha.

7. mark_s

mark_s Guest

[quote author=iani link=topic=4372.msg53392#msg53392 date=1219451625]
    I just chose nikon because thats what all my friends have. Its easy for me to get tips and cheap upgrades. hahaha.
    [/quote]That is a very good reason. This is something that will weigh into my decision.

8. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Actually Ian hit the nail on the head... I've gotten to use many lenses that I wuold never have been able to purchase on my own... I borrow and lend stuff all the time...

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

+1 Ditto :D

Many others I know have a Nikon so it seemed like the logical choice for me as I could test drive their lenses, flashes, etc :)

10. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

The two are for all intensive purposes, equal in quality. Yes minor differences, but that is jus that. minor. access to lenses and pricing is what decided it for me.