Cali Kid Corals

Paletta pink tip

I got a paletta pink tip acro from Tim but I don't have any pink tips on mine. I've had it for several months now. Is there a trick to get it to pink up? Right now it's in high light high flow and my alk is around 9.0
IMG_4227.JPG

Well -- it's hard to tell from the pic, but at first glance it appears to be slightly bleached out. So it may be getting too much light. On the other hand, the longer I look at it it may be slightly browned out -- so not enough light. Again -- difficult to tell, but it also seems not to have as much green as it should -- so again not enough light. Did that nail it for you?

Is there any polyp extension? Maybe bad or I'll-timed photo but I can't see a single polyp, that would be my #1 concern before coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any polyp extension? Maybe bad or I'll-timed photo but I can't see a single polyp, that would be my #1 concern before coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya know, I've always been worried about that. I honestly can't remember a time I've ever seen the polyps and I've had it for like 6 months.

I purchased mine from Tim a few months ago as well. I have it high up with high flow as well. Body is green and tips are very pink. Try moving it to higher light and see if it make any difference.

I purchased mine from Tim a few months ago as well. I have it high up with high flow as well. Body is green and tips are very pink. Try moving it to higher light and see if it make any difference.
I can try, there's not a whole lot of places I can put it with out increasing the intensity of the lights. I turned them down and shortened the cycle because several other corals were bleaching out.

Flagg - I have my radions at 30% white ( 100% would be a nasty sunburn ) blues at 80% ( pretty sure ) and reds at 10%. I would say mine is about 10-12 inches from the light. My cycle is 9 1/2 hours

I got mine from Tim a few months ago too. Body is green and tips are green. Lucky you made this thread, cause I just found I have red bugs :( I've been dipping everything with Bayer too! Maybe wasn't strong enough concentration. Going to redip frags and look for interceptor.

Feb 10:

Today:

Red bugs!!!! :(

I'm wondering if I've got something else. Mine doesn't look like yours. I kept thinking that maybe mine didn't look like the colony because it was just a small frag.
IMG_4232.JPG

Top down

IMG_4231.JPG

There is something going on for sure. Mine has looked very pinkish red since day one and Id say its probably been a month or slightly more

Back