Our mission

patrickb's Anemone Propogation Tank

I sold and cleared out all of my anemones to make room for the Sunburst. It arrived this morning at my wife's work and I immediately left my work, picked it up, and acclimated. It looks amazing in person--super bright orange (like a sunset monti) tentacles that turn yellow towards the end. The base has a nice bright green color and has some cool white spots. It has settled nicely into the tank but it is avoiding light at the moment and will hopefully start to expand into the light in the next couple of days. Here are some pics of the acclimation:

^ Sorry I couldn't .. I totally forgot about a bunch of PMs... Glad Jess was able to add to his collection ;)

Nice pick up! I guess it's my job to come up with a lemon drop then :D

Here is an update on the Sunburst Anemone. Its grown quite a lot now from all the feeding I've done and its about the size of large grapefruit. I think its gonna be cutting time in about 2 weeks.

And then there were two:

The anemones are both doing well after I cut them in half. One of the anemones has recovered much quicker than the other one so I may split that anemone sooner than the other one.

eldiablosrt8--I definitely will remember you. I'm just waiting for the BTAs to split a few more times before I start selling/giving them away.
Patrick

I cut one of the anemones in half about 3 weeks ago. One of the anemones is doing clearly worse than the other 2 which is weird because its in the same lighting, flow, etc conditions as the other two. Anyways, I'm up to 3 now and I should be able to split them again in a couple of weeks.

On another note, the Dolphin Pet Village anemone I had earlier (the one I used to test out the LED lighting I got) is going gangbusters in my friend's tank. The one anemone I gave him about 9 months ago has multiplied to 8 now. The anemones are really taking over his little 24 gallon Biocube. The 2 clownfish he has in there are in clownfish heaven. I'm going to take a picture of it next time, in the meantime here is a picture (not mine) of what the purple with neon green tips anemones look like:
3913DSC05029__Small_.JPG

wow those anemones in your friends tank look great with the green and red overlapping. Ideally that's what I wanted too with the multiple clownfish, unfortunately I have the tomato and that 10 year old bitch won't let anyone near by :D

Sorry for the confusion. The picture is not of my friend's tank but instead is the display tank for Dolphin Pet Village. I didnt have a good photo of their anemones so I found a picture of their tank instead.

Back