Kessil

patrickb's Anemone Propogation Tank

Not much to see really--I only have 1 right now. Just check out pages 7,8 and 9 of this thread for the Sunburst Anemone. It looks a little blah under the 10k lighting I have. Looks fantastic once you put it under 14k or 20k lighting.

My plan is to DBTC them bad boys once I get enough of them again--already got my money back the last time I sold them.

patrickb said:
Not much to see really--I only have 1 right now. Just check out pages 7,8 and 9 of this thread for the Sunburst Anemone. It looks a little blah under the 10k lighting I have. Looks fantastic once you put it under 14k or 20k lighting.

My plan is to DBTC them bad boys once I get enough of them again--already got my money back the last time I sold them.

Can I sell the one I bought from you and then get one of your DBTC clones? :D

DBTC for high end/LE corals and anemones is a great idea. Fact of the matter is... You can prop 100 of those Sunbursts and it's not going to make a dent in the price for them. Maybe locally but even then, it'd be short lived. Simple supply/demand here.

Also...Not everyone shares the same values as most longer-term BAR members and even then, ideologies/values vary within our community. (Admittedly, I haven't been around that long. I'm sure longer standing members have seen this to even greater degrees) Sure, I'd be happy to share my sunburst once propped but I sure as heck would be pretty ticked off if I saw it for sale over on 'that other forum'. This has been tried and true - Charles gave out tons of nice zoos only to see them pop up for sale later. I guess you could 'screen' recipients but after the 2nd or 3rd degree of distribution, the screening will break down eventually. Even for non-high end corals: I've passed out frags via DBTC...even delivered to peoples' doorsteps, only to see that they're no longer a member a month later and never updated the chain.

Don't mean to be a downer on these great ideas but I'm being realistic about it. IME/IMHO/Whatever. Maybe jaded by what I've seen happen to Charles and my own brief experiences but a spade's still a spade. ;)

Benaminh - Not sure what 'all your high end anemones' means exactly.. I don't have any other than the sunburst. Any other anemones I have/had are backed up in friends' tanks and at one point or another, were offered to long standing-paid members who have proven their dedication to the club and its ideologies.

To follow my longest post in what, a year or more... I'll toss out a few DBTC frags hah.

Patrick - If you're up for it and can find a lemon drop, I'm more than willing to go half so all of the risk isn't on you when it's cut. I've seen some locally but they either look healthy, dyed or more on the brown side...A trusted source is the key of course.

How serious of a reefer are you if you won't commit to the club and pay the fee?! If you want in we welcome you, but if not why waist our time being a "rodent" collecting the prettiest pieces and then running away.
Sorry Patrick for putting this here, but...

Kensington Reefer said:
How serious of a reefer are you if you won't commit to the club and pay the fee?! If you want in we welcome you, but if not why waist our time being a "rodent" collecting the prettiest pieces and then running away.

Which is why I screen all DBTC recipients..Even if giving away GSP. ;)

I don't think the issue is 'how serious a reefer'...It's more a question of - What 'type of reefer' are you?

Hey, btw - That chalice you gave me, whatever it was called is doing really well. I think things grow more quickly when you don't pay as close attention.

iCon said:
Benaminh - Not sure what 'all your high end anemones' means exactly.. I don't have any other than the sunburst. Any other anemones I have/had are backed up in friends' tanks and at one point or another, were offered to long standing-paid members who have proven their dedication to the club and its ideologies.
Kensington Reefer said:

Are you referring to me? Back off Erin, I'm tired of your harping. FYI, I haven't collected a single piece off any member in this club. I don't login for a few days and you accuse me of running away like a "rodent?" Real classy. I'm waiting for my paycheck to come in before paying dues and already my integrity and dedication are questioned. Snobbery like that won't win you any new members.

Benaminh said:
iCon said:
Kensington Reefer said:

Are you referring to me? Back off Erin, I'm tired of your harping. FYI, I haven't collected a single piece off any member in this club. I don't login for a few days and you accuse me of running away like a "rodent?" Real classy. I'm waiting for my paycheck to come in before paying dues and already my integrity and dedication are questioned. Snobbery like that won't win you any new members.

Stay Classy BAR comes to mind as a rebuttal to Erin's post.

Yeah, Gresham's right no need to continue down that path.

Are these morphs at all related to a geographical location or are they random?

I'm rather partial to that candy corn one. Or a lemondrop!

Got a really nice anemone today from Robin. I'm out of the Sunburst Anemone business and in the Rainbow Anemone business. The thing looks really awesome--neon green base, yellow tentacles and very slight pink coloration on the tips (it looks almost like a lemon drop anemone). Super excited about it and can't wait for it to settle in so I can take a nice picture of it and show it to you all.

I really suck at taking pictures of my tank. I tried my regular point and shoot camera, my droid phone, my wife's iphone, and my ipad. They all really dont do it justice. Here are some of the better shots:

and

I think this is one of the 2 or 3 nicest anemones I've ever seen. I think it looks very similar to a lemon drop (super green base and yellow tentacles) but has some light pink tips.

My plan is to let this bad boy settle into the tank and then start slicing and dicing and propagating the shiite muslim out this. :)

patrickb said:
I really suck at taking pictures of my tank. I tried my regular point and shoot camera, my droid phone, my wife's iphone, and my ipad. They all really dont do it justice. Here are some of the better shots:

and

I think this is one of the 2 or 3 nicest anemones I've ever seen. I think it looks very similar to a lemon drop (super green base and yellow tentacles) but has some light pink tips.

My plan is to let this bad boy settle into the tank and then start slicing and dicing and propagating the shiite muslim out this. :)
Gotta get a DSLR or hybrid style camera. :)

Well while I won't agree you need a DSLR, at least 3 of those 4 devices you mentioned suck at taking pictures... just because it has the ability doesn't mean it's any good at it :D

Yeah, you definitely don't need a DSLR but it's nice to have. P&S cameras, especially the older ones, are horrible in taking macro shots.

The close up picture isn't too horrible actually. I find the hardest thing to deal with in taking aquarium shots is white balancing issues, if you run a blue tank it makes your pictures look like crud unless you know how to tweak your settings.

Back