Our mission

Peltiformis Monti - Extreme? Originally from Matt (ALGAEBLENNY)

Ibn said:
This sucker is slow to color up and even slower to grow (vs. something like the tyree undata).

huh it grows pretty darn fast in my tank.

Eight said:
Hey guys, I'd like to put my name on the list for a future frag of this if one comes available. (Or if someone wants to do a non-DBTC trade for something on Sat, that works too. I could frag the really nice rainbow I got from Neptune recently. Also have a nice white with red polyps monti.)

Did you get a frag? While the one I have is not this exact piece, they all came from the same area (SI or Tonga and I am pretty sure Matt's was Tongan like mine). Your welcome to a frag if you like.

Not at all. I'm actually inline for the next batch :lol: I do like having multiples though. Wouldn't it be cool if they colored up differently?

Mine is totally ready to frag, I just was noticing that the other day as it was growing off the rack and about to fall :lol:

It's up pretty dang high. I superglued the disc that it was on to the acrylic in the back. It's approximately 2" from the water surface.

Montis grow pretty dang slow for me in general.

:lol: ours are at the same height. 8" from center of bulb. bulb 10" from water surface. 14K 150w DE (Advanced Lighting Solutions) If mine was any higher it would become an atoll. My montis seem to grow fast. It's my millies that don't grow for squat. I actually end up culling some of my acros so dunno what the issue with the millies is???

Here's mine. 4" from the 150w and 4" off center. This sucker used to be colorless.

peltiformis_052809.jpg

The one I had grew like a weed. I gave the main colony to Chris at AC when I changed over tanks and kept 3 small frags for myself. The frags have already fused together. Pretty sure it is the exact same variety.

tuberider said:
Send your millis to me Gresham :) I'll take care of them ;)

At this point I'm comitted to making them grow :) If they don't grow in the new tank they're yours for sure :lol:

Back