Peppermint Shrimp

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Mark B, Oct 22, 2017.

1. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

@Bruce Spiegelman I will work out my schedule tonight and let people know. I might be able to go pick up. Warning - my holding tank will be a bucket with tiny powerhead and heater, but I could just deliver to local peeps if they are around. We will work out if I should acclimate or leave in original water so they don't change their water too much too fast. I'll check in later after work

2. JVU

JVU Supporting Member

I’m also in your area @MolaMola, in the Northgate part of Walnut Creek. I’m working all weekend and won’t be able to make it down to Redwood City. If you go, could you pick up mine? I’d come by and get them same day with many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

A bubbler may be better than a powerhead?

4. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

@Mark B is there any left?
    I could use some

5. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

For you?....of course! How many are ya thinking?

6. MolaMola

If Sunday is still okay, I could come down and pick up for @Bruce Spiegelman and @JVU Please let me know your time window. Thanks for ordering and housing them for us! Bruce and John - let me know if you will be around Sunday evening or we can make other plans.

7. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Hi Maureen,

I have to work in the morning but I should be home around 12-ish I would hope

8. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Peter says we only have 3 left

9. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Anytime Sunday is fine and I can meet anywhere out this way.

10. JVU

JVU Supporting Member

Maureen, that would be great and I can definitely come by and pick up sometime that works for you. Thanks!

If I get a chance to come by before Bruce, I can drop his off at his place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. MolaMola

Picked up my peps Saturday - thanks @Mark and @Peter B for the tank (and full menagerie) tour, as well as doing the order!
    Good call on the air pump suggestion. Weekend home is a bucket and although the PH was tiny, the shrimp all swam to it and climbed aboard. Fearing shrimp puree, I switched to airstone - glad I read your post and brought it home Friday.

12. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Thanks to Mark, Peter and Maureen! Got mine last night. They are either hiding in the tank or resting inside someone's stomach. I haven't seen a one yet. :)

13. L/B Block

L/B Block Supporting Member

The first couple days mine really hid out-actually prob a week or more..
    Now one is all over the tank.
    Fun to watch him grab a hunk of seaweed and try to hog it.

But yes always afraid some fish is going to make him a tasty morsel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. L/B Block

L/B Block Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this thread.
    How many shrimp can one tank support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I sent all 4 of mine into the bowels of the aiptasia abyss, aka overflow box.

16. MolaMola

Oh yeah - one of the peps spent the entire day in the front of our class frag tank rocking back and forth under an arch rock. I think he wants food and his pic may be all over Snapchat and Instagram

Ashalye and Mark B like this.