Cali Kid Corals

Peter's Garage Tank

Keep an eye out on your polyp extension with the flameback in there. They're iffy at best with the Brazilian flameback being the safer of the two (you can't get the 3rd flameback any more - C. resplendens), but even that species is very hit and miss.
Thanks for the heads up. This little guy is amped up on something, I have never seen such a busy fish.

Tank is 10 weeks old. Thought I would post a couple pics. of the progress:
5/27:

tank5272.jpg

And Today:
tank812.png

A little dirty, but a lot more populated!
Cheers!

I wouldn't tease it too much. There have been stories of many shrimp breaking tanks. I don't know how substantiated are those stories but I wouldn't push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I wouldn't try to feed that guy by hand if you value your fingers!

Maybe he misses all his CRC aptasia buddies.
Peter has Aptasia galore in this tank so that he will feel at home. The lights wont grow coral but Aptasia is a different story.

I wouldn't tease it too much. There have been stories of many shrimp breaking tanks. I don't know how substantiated are those stories but I wouldn't push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could see it breaking a cheapy glass tank so Peter thought plastic would be a better choice When he snaps the tank I give him food to settle him down.

I wonder how long it takes him to reset his arm. Like if he were to miss his prey would he immediately be able to try for a second shot?

I wonder how long it takes him to reset his arm. Like if he were to miss his prey would he immediately be able to try for a second shot?
He can "reset" fairly quick. I don't think they go after fish, I think his prey is slow moving - clams and mussels and hermit crabs. We watched a video of one holding on to a hermit crab shell with one claw and bust it open with his other claw til he could rip the hermit out and drag it away. It was brutal

There are two types of mantis, the punching kind and the spearing kind. The later is much better at skewering fish in mid water (according to my youtube videos research)

Back