Peter's Garage Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by daddio, May 27, 2017.

1. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Looks like Christmas came early yet again for our reef. Todays additions:
    Red Dragon Acro
    2 PokerStar Montis
    CalReef wild Acro
    CalReef Tenuous
    2 CalReef Deep Water Acros
    Thanks Santa!
    DEATH BY SNU SNU likes this.
  2. add some reefbrites to those t5s and you'll get the pop!
    daddio likes this.
  3. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Let’s see if you’v got the red dragon touch.
  4. I truly believe Mark and Peter will grow this Red Dragon to an impressive colony! ;)
  5. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Are they really that difficult?
    DEATH BY SNU SNU likes this.
  6. Yes they are... I wonder if Ashburn's red dragon is doing all right?
  7. Santa must know you've been Nice, not Naughty? ;)
  8. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

RTNed, the red dragon is the tipping point where I stopped wanting to do sps until I have super stable environment and no longer swapping out my tanks, I still have some SPS in my tanks but not going to add new ones. but maybe Mark has better luck with the live food feed. best wishes @Mark B!
  9. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Thanks! Here is a pic. on day 1. image.jpeg
  10. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Looks more like a pink dragon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  11. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Red Dragons should not be your barometer on whether or not you can keep acros. They are notoriously fickle to very subtle changes in light, flow, and alk; more so than any acro I have ever kept. I have been through three of them and have given up on them.
  12. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

True, but i also have other acros that got RTNed as well, so I'm just going to wait it out and come back again. I'm upgrading my frag tank as well so likely it's a bad idea to keep sensitive SPS at this point.
  13. who is the Sanjay Joshi of the BAR?\
  14. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Perhaps it's a girl? But seriously, as I understand, before I got it, it was infested with flatworms, then it went through a dip, and the tank prior to me had an Alk of 11. I think it is very unhappy at the moment It will take a miracle to get this one to pull through I think
  15. It's fine. It'll pull through. Yes looks like a little burnt tips from the high alkalinity but it survived the acclimation and in your tank, might as well be in the ocean! ;)
  16. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Yeah you're right! And if there's any issues I can always return it and get my money back :eek:
  17. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Only if you have your receipt. You have your receipt don’t you?

My red dragon rtn’d in less than 24 hours. I was lucky that it was given to me.
  18. Peter is the Doogie Howser MD of the Reefing community, Legit
  19. I think Mark is going to have you beat ;)
  20. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

I actually had a red dragon for over a year that was doing great then STN'd while all other corals in the tank were fine. touchy species.