got ethical husbandry?

Peter's Garage Tank

I don’t think those are vermatids from the pic, or at least not one of the species common in the hobby. Did you see the characteristic snot-strings coming out of the tube holes? They might just be a benign cryptic animal like a tube worm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They spit out mucus webs which are really ugly and my fish dont like to swim around the webs. The shells are sharp and can give you cuts when you are working in your tank. And we have seen them kill coral flesh.

Reactions: JVU
I don’t think those are vermatids from the pic, or at least not one of the species common in the hobby. Did you see the characteristic snot-strings coming out of the tube holes? They might just be a benign cryptic animal like a tube worm.

They are the same species of vermin that are in our display.

Ok, so you grow ‘em big. Just for frame of reference, it would make more sense if your hands are about this size?

1ab031976542a404902214fbd39720f5.jpg

Lol. I hate it when my friends talk about how they would prepare my pets for serving.

thats one creepy looking hand. just saying.
haha
anyways lets see more pics of the tank! i love seeing full tank shots so i can see where people place corals,

thats one creepy looking hand. just saying.
haha
anyways lets see more pics of the tank! i love seeing full tank shots so i can see where people place corals,
I saw marks tanks today. Him and peter did a great job aquascaping. Plenty of room for corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw marks tanks today. Him and peter did a great job aquascaping. Plenty of room for corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Edgar, always good to hang out with you! I have to say that looking at the pictures of the same exact corals that I have that are growing in other peoples tanks was a bit of an eye opener. While the corals in my tank are alive and growing, they seem to be missing some color. Take the tri-color tort for example. Mine is growing and looks healthy, but it is basically one color - kinda brownish with no green at all. Some of the other corals in my reef seem to have the same issue, a real lack of color depth and range. Not really sure how to get the colors to pop?? Is this a nutrient issue? I do feed the corals daily, or lighting issue? too long of a daylight period, too bright, not bright enough, bulb selection? Not really sure how to proceed. Any help from my fellow reefers would be appreciated.
Cheers! Mark

Ok, first step taken to see if I can get more color. I have noticed a lot of bacterial snot from the vinegar dosing so I cut the vinegar by 30%.

Back