Philip's Nano Re-Build

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by bluprntguy, Feb 25, 2019.

1. euod

euod Supporting Member

You can do camera on that thing

2. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Supporting Member

I think I remember seeing that. I have a wyze cam already that I set up when I go out of town.

Maybe once I get it set up I might do a cam that's more permanent.

3. Rostato

Rostato Supporting Member

Looks great. I love my profilux 3 back in the day.

bluprntguy likes this.
  4. bluprntguy

Snail laid eggs on another snail:
    15531C5A-E935-43BE-9B42-D136AEEC0542.jpeg

My anemone split while I was on vacation. Notice the absence of clownfish in either one of the anemones. They are starting to get close, I think...
    BAF8D59E-F36F-472E-A19A-908B2044FC0A.jpeg

Mandarin just because she was there and looking photogenic:
    93E9B733-DEF5-47E2-B470-29683616BACD.jpeg

glee likes this.
  5. bluprntguy

I installed the profilux before I went out of town last week. I was planning on just unboxing and making sure everything worked, but it ended up being so simple, that I decided to configure everything and somewhat haphazardly install it. I’m still programming some features, but it’s generally running what I needed.

EAB890C7-8BDC-42D5-965C-41904B1F70E0.jpeg

For those with aquarium controllers, do you keep it under your sump? I wouldn’t be terribly concerned about it being under my tank, but I’m more likely to dump water on it in it’s current location...

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

I’m my cabinet I had a wet area that housed the sump and dry area for electronics.

ashburn2k likes this.
  7. bluprntguy

Probably a good idea. I still need to take my sump out and put it on heavy duty sliders. I may see if there's a way that I can create a dedicated dry spot for the controller as part of the reconfiguration.

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Out of curiosity what did you use to keep the dry area... dry. In my stand I have a similar setup where I created a space for "dry" (electronics) however you still need to pass wires from wet to dry, now I got rubber desk grommets so that I can minimize the opening while still making it convenient to get cables through, but some amount of moisture will eventually get in there simply due to humidity. Now I did think I could use a fan and push dry(er) room air into the dry area and the over pressure would naturally prevent/slow humid air from going in that direction, plus it has the added benefit of making sure the air doesn't get too hot in there, but that's not something that I quite implemented yet.

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

Technically the dry side was not IN the cabinet. It was on the other side of the wall behind the cabinet. I used an exterior outlet cover to pass things through.
    96246C8A-C4D7-406E-8311-70334B3C2AC0.jpeg F14ADC9D-DC4A-4E1A-AC94-9EC2E4B4BE32.jpeg