Cali Kid Corals

Photo editing programs

patchin

Supporting Member
We're thinking of switching to my son's old computer for our office. T likes a HP Photo Zone (name?) that came on her computer. What are some easy to use editing programs? Downloadable or not too expensive is a plus. Do sights like flicker have built in editing?

I know you can do basic editing on photobucket. Gimp is free but isn't super easy but is very powerful. I also recall something about some free online editor from Adobe.

I currently use Aperture for my Mac. Before that though I had good luck with a program called Acdsee. The basic program is only $49 and the pro version is $149 I think.

Flickr sort of has editing -- they partner with picnik.com to let you edit the pictures in your account. It's nice for some basic cropping / redeye kind of stuff but not a good option if you want to do a lot of editing (the data interchange between the two sites is one picture at a time a little slow).

[quote author=fishme link=topic=5803.msg72672#msg72672 date=1231057724]
I heard lot of good things from Aperture.
[/quote]
I really like it. It is easy to use and I like how it works. For the price "$200" it is a great program.

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=5803.msg72690#msg72690 date=1231089026]
[quote author=fishme link=topic=5803.msg72672#msg72672 date=1231057724]
I heard lot of good things from Aperture.
[/quote]
I really like it. It is easy to use and I like how it works. For the price "$200" it is a great program.
[/quote]

one of very few apps that can read raw file. I think Apeture is more for professional. I'm currently used acdsee, quick fast and simple to use.

GIMP is pretty good for a PC, it's open source and free.

Pixelmator is great for a MAC, and fairly cheap as well, though I'd suggest Photoshop Elements instead for about the same price.

For me I use Photoshop CS3, I love the raw editor. I paid $700 for that thing though, guh. All I wanted was the awesome Adobe Camera Raw editor.

Steve,

I have a copy of Photoshop CS you can have. I'll bring it to the swap. There is nothing better in my opinion for a PC, and who can argue with free?

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5803.msg78630#msg78630 date=1233858285]
Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2.2 is what I use :)
[/quote]
On my wish list :) I remember you saying that the academic version can't be upgraded, but that might be ok for me. Heck, I still use PS 4.5!!

For me my daily grind usage of them and how many different print houses I work with, having the latest helps me a lot :)

what do you use lightroom for? I only use cs3, haven't played with anything else... maybe I'm missing an awesome tool?

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5803.msg78631#msg78631 date=1233858368]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5803.msg78630#msg78630 date=1233858285]
Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2.2 is what I use :)
[/quote]
On my wish list :) I remember you saying that the academic version can't be upgraded, but that might be ok for me. Heck, I still use PS 4.5!!
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade even with the academic version

Back