Pics from my new toy

Discussion in 'Photography' started by DurTBear, Dec 9, 2010.

1. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Just picked up a Rebel T2i DSLR with a EFS 15-85mm lens. Also got a 100mm macro lens from Anthony. Trying to learn how to use everything and boy is it a little overwhelming. I decided to snap some shots with the macro lens tonight as I learn more about this camera. Let me know what you think. Any advice, criticism and suggestions are encouraged! Thanks!

Icefire Echinata (I'm realizing that branching sps are very difficult to shoot):
    [​IMG]

30k lokani:
    [​IMG]

Devils armor palys:
    [​IMG]

Tubs Alien Eye chalice:
    [​IMG]

Emerald Mummy Eye chalice:
    [​IMG]

Purple Virus:
    [​IMG]

Ricordia:
    [​IMG]

Miami hurricane chalice:
    [​IMG]

Shades of Fall:
    [​IMG]

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Nice Durwin! I cannot offer advice other than it looks like you've weaseled your way into a pretty exclusive club photography wise :) Good stuff!

3. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Beautiful shots of awesome corals!

4. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Looking good. Seem like featured photo contribs to me :). Can't want to see those in the new tank.

5. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Thanks guys!

BAR is free to use them if they're worthy! Still have a lot to learn to get them to look like some of the great photos I've seen on here! But I can't wait to get the new tank up and running as well! It's been a long time coming!

Glad to see FSU's beatdown of Florida drove Urban Meyer to retire!

6. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

And probably contributed to Miami's coach getting fired :beer: . Feel free to practice away on my tank :p

7. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

Very nice Durwin! Love the color of the tubs alien eye.

Do you use tripod? and turn off pumps when shooting?

8. DurTBear

DurTBear Guest

Might take you up on that offer next time I get to visit your place and check out your tank!

Thanks! I used a cheap old mini tripod that I used to use with my point and shoot. Couldn't really support the weight of the camera but it just gave me something stable to rest it on. And most of the pics were shot with the pumps off with the exception of a couple (like the EME which you can see some of the "snow" flying around).

9. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Nice pictures :)