Our mission

Pics from my new toy

Just picked up a Rebel T2i DSLR with a EFS 15-85mm lens. Also got a 100mm macro lens from Anthony. Trying to learn how to use everything and boy is it a little overwhelming. I decided to snap some shots with the macro lens tonight as I learn more about this camera. Let me know what you think. Any advice, criticism and suggestions are encouraged! Thanks!

Icefire Echinata (I'm realizing that branching sps are very difficult to shoot):
DPP_0011.jpg

30k lokani:
DPP_0010.jpg

Devils armor palys:
DPP_0009.jpg

Tubs Alien Eye chalice:
DPP_0008.jpg

Emerald Mummy Eye chalice:
DPP_0003.jpg

Purple Virus:
DPP_0002.jpg

Ricordia:
DPP_0004.jpg

Miami hurricane chalice:
DPP_0007.jpg

Shades of Fall:
DPP_0005.jpg

Nice Durwin! I cannot offer advice other than it looks like you've weaseled your way into a pretty exclusive club photography wise :) Good stuff!

Thanks guys!

seminolecpa said:
Looking good. Seem like featured photo contribs to me :). Can't want to see those in the new tank.

BAR is free to use them if they're worthy! Still have a lot to learn to get them to look like some of the great photos I've seen on here! But I can't wait to get the new tank up and running as well! It's been a long time coming!

Glad to see FSU's beatdown of Florida drove Urban Meyer to retire!

seminolecpa said:
And probably contributed to Miami's coach getting fired :beer: . Feel free to practice away on my tank :p

Might take you up on that offer next time I get to visit your place and check out your tank!

ryanjiang said:
Very nice Durwin! Love the color of the tubs alien eye.

Do you use tripod? and turn off pumps when shooting?

Thanks! I used a cheap old mini tripod that I used to use with my point and shoot. Couldn't really support the weight of the camera but it just gave me something stable to rest it on. And most of the pics were shot with the pumps off with the exception of a couple (like the EME which you can see some of the "snow" flying around).

Back