Our mission

Pink lemon tree coral

Hi guys,
i have a lemon tree coral (which i bought from LA) that i want to donate to DBTC. here is a picture:

lemontreecoral-04-09jpg.jpg

this is suppose to be the same as:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=2597&N=2

except it's the pink skin variety of it, not the yellow skin. i have had a for a couple of months now and it grow bit but i can't seem to be able to keep the pink color. the coral is still healthy so i want to let someone else try it and maybe you will have better luck.

all DBTC rules apply and you will have to come to SF to pick it up.

thx!

I want it but I'm not sure how to care for it. If no one pick it up I would like to try and see if I can propagate this species. Are you going to the BAR swap this August?

-perry

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=2212.msg21971#msg21971 date=1184783995]
I want it but I'm not sure how to care for it. If no one pick it up I would like to try and see if I can propagate this species. Are you going to the BAR swap this August?

-perry

[/quote]
Needs high flow and large feedings w/ phyto live iirc. i have a similar piece and I'm hitting it w/ phyto live and rotis whener it shows pe.

perry,
i might be able to make it to the next BAR but i can't confirm yet. i am in SF but work in Mountain View. is there any chance you will be in or close to either SF or MV?

bookfish,
i was told from Live Aquaria that these are photosyntics but benefit from feeding. i don't know large feeding is required. mine has been growthing nicely but i can't keep the pink and that's why i want to have someone to take care of it.

thx!

ok yes i think the link you pointed to is the one i have. so perry thinks he's not ready for it yet and bookfish can't get it either. anyone else? :)

How big is this thing? Also, how well does it do in a high light environment?

I feed my pico tank pretty heavily w/a mixture of phyto and rotifers, so let me know.

it's like ~1". LA suggested that this is a beginner coral and said it's photosynthetic and should do find under high light. feeding is supplemental. i have it under 70w 14k mh like 10" away from the light. i have no idea if the lost of the pink color is because i don't have enough light or because i don't feed enough.

you are very welcome to give it a try :)

Sounds like a nice coral. I was considering it for my 3.5 gallons which is hit by 150W of lighting, the farthest away it would be is 10" from the light (bottom of the substrate), but I hadn't plan on being in the city for awhile.

Hopefully someone can step up and give this little guy a nice home. It's a beautiful piece.

Yes, I am during the weekdays. I'm in Santa Clara; we could probably meet somewhere on the weekdays if you want to bring it to work with you.

Back