High Tide Aquatics

Pink milli with blue tips

I know that my tank has just experienced a huge setback, but the reason why we are doing DBTC is to keep the corals propragated to help maintain their livelyhood, so this setback is even more reason for me to spread corals around.

I have 2 frags of this, all DBTC rules applied. You can pick them up at the next meeting. LMK

IMG_6642_edited.jpg

250 watt halide with Radium 20k using icecap ballats and supplementing with 2 VHO blue actinics. Thats my favorite combination so far. I am in the process of adding T5 blue plus for extreme pre dawn to after dusk effect.

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2559.msg26495#msg26495 date=1194400233]
I know that my tank has just experienced a huge setback, but the reason why we are doing DBTC is to keep the corals propragated to help maintain their livelyhood, so this setback is even more reason for me to spread corals around.

I have 2 frags of this, all DBTC rules applied. You can pick them up at the next meeting. LMK
[/quote]

Nice shot of your corals. If that's just a portion of you tank it must be georgious.

Dyngoe, yeah I love those zoos too, but they are such slow grower though, probably because they want to be fed and I don't want to dirty up my water :D

Levi, thanks, yes its part of a 210 gal tank full of SPS (well 1/3 of it is gone but am rebuilding it)

He pulled a Melev.

The uv shielding on the SE bulb cracked so the uv cooked that side of the tank and I don't mean heat wise other.

Kinetic, the set back is 1/3 of the tank .... GONE !!!

Raddoggz you mean Melev had this happen too ???, what a freak accident. I promissed my self that in 6 months it will seems like it never happen, so hopefully. This weekend I'll build a net just incase the wrasses were the cause since they tend to jump and may have splashed water onto the hot bulb.

yeah the other 2/3 is doing fine only 1 or 2 corals are showing sign of stress but, I have been doing water changes so they are recovering. Jkreefer told me to tape up the other third and then take picture of the rest of the tank to submited to RC for tank of the month :D :D

Phong yeah it sure was, I was so down about it I couldn't sleep :( so I went down stair at 4:00 in the morning witth a Led flash light looking at the dead corals. Well my wife caught me in the act and said enough is enough :D :D here is the money go buy some more corals LOL

Yeah and it's not like a reefer has money to do that themselves, we're already broke.

I've been caught with a flashlight late at night too, stupid Monti nudis...

Back