Reef nutrition

Pink Poodle Zoa's

The pink looks better in person and becomes much richer when unmolested, large polyps and a fast grower.

One frag with 10+ polyps
I can make about 3 more frags with 5+ polyps ea. if there is more than one taker

Same rules:

Give 3 frags to DBTC first
Save a couple for me if mine bite the dust
Give two frags back to DBTC before selling
Pick up at November meeting or p/u in San Carlos

Pick a number between 1 and 30
IMG_0929.jpg

hi there, looks nice! im starting to get into zoas again and have been pretty good with zoas in the past, but i wont be at the nov meeting. i will try to be at the dec meeting or maybe meet somewhere near sf? i pick 28. thanks

Sure, Glee. I live in San Carlos and will be around all weekend. Just let me know when you could stop by. Since you're the first to respond, the pictured frag is yours. You an expect it to color up very bright pink. I'll send you a PM with cell phone number.

If they are wanted, I can provide about 3 more frags within a month to give a little healing time.

#1 and only goes to Glee.

They are nice fast growing, plump and very nice pink. If two more members want them, I can spit a monster plug covered with them for two more. I ought to take another photo. This one was done in experimental light.........really........

hi john, nice meeting with you and thanks again for the frag! ill try to get a pic up when my lights come up.

best, g

Same here, Garvin. Nice to meet you as well.

Matt gets frag #2 for Dec meeting. PM me if you'd like to pick it up sooner. I'll also be at the Nov meeting.

Frag #3 still up for grabs.

Gotta love that color splash. I immediately latched on the the PP's because of their vivid, rich color and their oversize form. They not only grow and multiply "real fast" they are really chubby! Your image looks much more accurate than mine. I need to take a Cannon G10 course or pick a different camera/lense combo for macro tank work.

Thanks very much for the follow-up post. I LOVE this program! :)

hey john,

i use a canon rebel xti with the 100mm macro lens on a tripod. im pretty sure it was 100 iso and somewhere btwn 8-9/f. i just mess around with settings, take a bunch of pics, and usually at least one photo comes out good, lol. there are many good photographers on this site as well as reefcentral that can point you in the right direction.

a problem (per se) of bar is that there are too many generous donors to the dbtc program and some times it can be difficult to give away frags, lol. thanks again for your contribution and i will update its progress next year.

best, g

Thank G. I enjoy splitting up fast growers and seeing them get spread around.

I'd like to splash some new zoa colors into my new tank. I've been real stingy on using up zoa space so I've got plenty for small groups. I'm watching what BAR members are offering up and will hope to get lucky.

Ciao for now! :)

They're back. New frags of Pink Poodle zoas. I've got 4 of them for the BOD meeting. Step right up and help free up space on the rack. :)

#1 and the largest frag (6 or 7 polyps) to Gus

I'll post some update pics tomorrow. They are really a LOT brighter than the pic posted above and really hearty. I used a scalpel to separate between the polyps after breaking the parent disc into several pieces. I dipped them in Revive after fraging and they all opened completely the next day. Thanks for introducing me to Revive, Bryan!

You betcha, Tom
#2 goes to Tom

See you next weekend. :)

Plenty left for late takers........See my DBTC Candy Cane post too, no takers yet!

Back