High Tide Aquatics

Pink Streaked Wrasse

So I added a pink streaked wrasse to my established 40 gallon reef tank with a lawnmower blenny and a black cap basslet today. The wrasse swam around a bit then hid away in the rocks. A few hours later I noticed the wrasse swimming around looking somewhat stressed so I watched him for about 10 minutes and a couple times when the basslet would come out he would chase and nip at the wrasse. When I noticed this I turned the lights out and the wrasse swam away and wedged in a rock to sleep and rest. There is a a good amount of live rock and the basslet has always been the nervous type so I am hoping this is an adjustment period but wanted your guys thoughts on if they will adjust, thanks all.

Black caps can be aggressive it should have been added last. You may need to decide which one you like more and find the other a new home.

Well this morning I was able to catch the little wrasse and put him in the sump to recover before I return him. Looks like the basslet will be my one and only, thanks all.

Back