Cali Kid Corals

pinners tanks (Virtual Tour March 2nd 2014 pm for login info )

pinner said:
8944899562_8c3da07c1f.jpg

This one is awesome. May I ask how much that was for the polyp?

goldielocke76 said:
Nice set up!!

How do you like the curve skimmer?? I have my heart set on an RLSS, but Matt at AE is trying to sell me on a Curve. I plan on having a decent bioload so I am going to have to grab one rated for around 400-500 gallons. If you don't mind giving some insight on what you think, it would be much appreciated. :D

I love this skimmer! You can barly hear it. Wasnt sure about the press on seal but work fine easy to just pop off the cup and push back on. It easy to adjust and clean.Great skimmer if u ask me. Nice thick skimmate, clean every 4 or so days.

pinner said:
goldielocke76 said:
Nice set up!!

How do you like the curve skimmer?? I have my heart set on an RLSS, but Matt at AE is trying to sell me on a Curve. I plan on having a decent bioload so I am going to have to grab one rated for around 400-500 gallons. If you don't mind giving some insight on what you think, it would be much appreciated. :D

I love this skimmer! You can barly hear it. Wasnt sure about the press on seal but work fine easy to just pop off the cup and push back on. It easy to adjust and clean.Great skimmer if u ask me. Nice thick skimmate, clean every 4 or so days.

Awesome thank you! Definitely gotta think about it. As much as I love the RLSS, it's not financially feasible at the moment. Is the press and seal something mechanical, or is it a sticky seal? Hope I asked that right, LoL.

Is the press and seal something mechanical, or is it a sticky seal? Hope I asked that right.

Its just a o ring thay seals tight. Compression seal

Got 200 lbs of live sand today. How many lbs do u think I should add befor it starts to really effect system. Its my main frag system thats been cycled and has 400 lbs of rock and all my corals and fish. I was thinking about adding 100 lbs atleast.

I went back to the first page and clicked on the videos' link. None of them are working. Are they still in youtube? :(

I took a look. For some reason the link shows up as ' http://www etc...'

If you just delete the ' http:// ', it works. This might be hard for pinner to fix since he's posting from an phone! :)

Back