Cali Kid Corals

Pinpoint PH monitor - used or new?

Just wondering would it be worth the trouble in buying a used pinpoint ph monitor versus in buying a new one. Would I save money or get a head ache in buying someone elses prob.?

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AM1111

It says that it comes complete with probe and calibration fluids - not the electrode. Though not really sure what does the electrode do.

Upon re-reading the Marine Depot page that you referenced, it became clear(er). I think they are saying that you can also buy the probe (electrode) separately and use it with another brand Monitor / Controller. From what I have heard, the probes are interchangable between units as long as the connector fits and you recalibrate.

When in doubt, you can always call customer support at MD. When I have called they have always been fast and knowledgable.

dave

Any pH probe with a BNC connector will work on the Pinpoint units - you can usually find a gel-filled epoxy body pH probe on Ebay for fairly cheap...

As far as picking up a used probe - usually if they've been kept moist they will last a long time, but if the seller is a moron and ships it dry it's longevity is greatly decreased.

Back