Cali Kid Corals

Pistol Shrimp Assasination

Mikey ahd to get rid of his pistol as well as swatchguy (Steve), both of them were nightmares, luckily Mikey had RBs and needed to dose anyway, and Steve just has a little Bio-Cube so it was easy to remove. Personally they ain't worth the risk if you ask me.

my pistol shrimp is a nuisance at night too...wife is always asking "what is that." Hard to explain that the terrible noise is a shrimp in the tank that you cant see...yeah, that goes over well.

ugg broke down last night after I found my last fire shrimp dead. Pulled the rock that he was in out and I guess he dropped out of if.. cause I still hear that dam clicking in the tank next to me!!!!!!

I put a shrimp trap in tonight, but I just don't know if that jack azz will go for it. one I dont know where he is now, and two they never seem to come out of their hole.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got him!!!!! I was listening to him click in the main tank and thought if I were that stupid shrimp if my home was removed where would I go... back to the original piece of coral even though it was small. Sure enough I shined the red light into that coral and saw antennas movin.. pushed a feeding stick into the hole SNAP! well I found him, then I picked up that coral carefully and got it out of the tank! That guy tried to craw out backwards again but when he realized there was no water at the bottom he went back inside!

So hopefully I just had one and not a pair, so he's in the green star polyps in a 5 gallon bucket with the shrimp trap. Now hopefully I can get him out of that coral before it dies. Dont have any heat or circulation in the bucket. So temp will drop to 68-70 and no pump b/c it'll set off the trap. Worst case is I loose the coral. Best case I ride myself of this trouble some beast that has eaten $200 in livestock over the year.! :)

maybe I'll put him in my fish only tank and let the tang chase him around? Or I could always boil him, feed him to my fire eel, datnoids, or peel him alive and feed him to the bubble coral! Ahhhh the possiblilties are endless. If you cant tell I've very happy with this capture!

Hi, can someone tell me where I can buy a shrimp trap? Does it kill the shrimp or catch it? I don't want to kill my pistol, but I suspect he may have killed some fish and I want to return him to an LFS or give him away. He's a pretty gorgeous red Japanese pistol shrimp...

Back