Cali Kid Corals

Playing favorites

What is your favorite or most prized tank inhabitant?

Also, do you have something that you really want to get?

Include pictures if you can.

My favorite atm is probably my tangerine dreams chalice :)

But this is the one fish I would love to get:
Carmabi-Basslet-2a.jpg

The candy striped basslet. This is probably my top dream fish, but alas, it is sooooo expensive. Well at least I can dream (and drool;)) right:)?

Most prized, easy, my purple tang simply because it is the most expensive fish by a large margin. When I saw my 19.99 foxface chasing him around causing him to hide behind a powerhead (danger signs there!) I very quickly went fishing for a foxface and tossed him in the refugium. Unfortunately, it's a rather large foxface.

Most prized, also my most expensive fish. Pair actually. The newly acquired Lightning Maroons. But the fish I enjoy the most are my Potter's Angelfish and my Picasso Clownfish.

dfa83cc67552e99fa2e03481ec6b6df1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love our porcelain crabs with their feathery filtering arms always going and big pinchers to grab meaty chunks. Can see at least 6 crabs at all times. Never thought I'd like any invert more than shrimp but these are awesome crabs (not an awesome photo).
porcelaincrabs.jpg

I would really love to add a muted, non-rainbow colored pectinia such as:
pectinia.jpg

Actually, I would like a whole collection of pectinia with different skeletal forms.

Enderturtle - What do you feed that goniopora? Back when I had a tank 10-15 yrs ago people could not usually keep them alive, hence the term "goner-opora". Now people recommend them to me as easy to keep.

I got them as Seduction People Eaters. Yeah huge polyp, kept their original size but the first polyp has much more white/blue than the other polyps. The new polyps look more like salted agaves than seduction. :/ It's weird I'm hoping they develop the mother polyp's coloration over time.

As for the goniopora. I haven't been feeding it anything. It's been coming out. There were a few days when it didn't come out because my orchid dotty back was spitting sand on it. After I moved it off the sandbed away from the dredging area, it started coming out again.

Favorite fish is a porcupine puffer in my 37 gal cube. it's wifey's fish.

We got it when it was size of a quarter or slightly bigger he is now almost 3 inches. The most timid and indestructible fish I've ever had. Will NOT eat inverts or show them any care, had shrimp with him for longest time won't touch them. Even had a bunch of nano fish with him before, never touched them. Won't bite my hand, actually gets bullied by a tiny yellow gum drop goby during feeding time. Only fish to survive issues with my tank be it tank crash or virus.

Back