Jestersix

Please Help Us Track Down These THIEVES

Ya, he's smart though cuz he didn't drive here. He walked! lmao!

I'm happy that the corals are back though. Robert and I are really truly very thankful to everyone! We needed all the help we could get! Thanks Everyone!

Cerissa do a camera check to make sure all tanks are covered as they may send someone in to beat your system. The counter camera was perfect! Not to worry you, but they are trash to steal in the first place. And Derek get cameras if you do not have them. They will get away with all they can.

I check our cameras all during the day in case someone tries to disable them.

Glad you were so fortune to plan for this!

I was not going to bring it up but now that you got them back I will.
Who in the H E double hockeysticks buys coral for 2K?
Especially stolen!

Oops!
I guess you did!

iani said:
Robert, that sucks. I really hope they get caught. Maybe you should distribute this picture to the other LFS's.

Robert, so sorry to hear about this. I think this is a very good idea. These two guys probably won't step into another LFS around here.

fishme said:
iani said:
Robert, that sucks. I really hope they get caught. Maybe you should distribute this picture to the other LFS's.

Robert, so sorry to hear about this. I think this is a very good idea. These two guys probably won't step into another LFS around here.
+1
the more people and LFS who see their pics the better. It'd make their reefing life more difficult. Complete idiots!

I think you should still prosecute so the wet in their pockets is not from stolen corals but from the police hand cuffing them.
A business in Guadalajara Mexico had a thieve; full video shows him grabbing a Korallin Reactor and leaving the store while the clerk goes to grab something else. Stealing in Mexico is prosecuted once you make the report it does not matter if you want to retract and cancel it. I think eventually they got the guy.
I think Sixth Ave. Aquarium has pictures at the register of people who have stolen from them; that image you have should always remain and other LFS have it too so in the rare case they show up, the sole image and shame drives them away.

I second that you should prosecute them to the full extent. I also really really would like to hear what they said when they brought the frags back.

But definitely, I think they should be blacklisted by all the area LFS. Someone like this, even if they brought the corals back, should not be a part of this hobby.

I don't think you should prosecute. Not because they don't deserve it... they most certainly do.

Don't prosecute because they were offered 'amnesty' if they returned the corals and they did.

I suspect they've learned their lesson.

Wow...from all your comments, I'd be terrified myself if I were them... :O

Anyway, what's happened has happened. We got our stuff back and that's all that we asked for. We honored our words and didn't press charges, however the authority chooses to deal with them going forward is beyond our control. We just hope that they have learned their lesson and stop with the non-sense.

Thanks again for all the kind moral support, guys! You guys are the best.

Now lets go back to your hobby! :D

Robert and Cerissa

Can you tell them to return my stuff as well? Did he have a D80 slung around his neck while listening to a 80g Ipod (black)? :)

Congratulations guys on getting your stuff back! IMHO, I think you should at least print this pix out and make sure you show this to any new hires. don't want them showing up again!

robert4025 said:
Wow...from all your comments, I'd be terrified myself if I were them... :O

Anyway, what's happened has happened. We got our stuff back and that's all that we asked for. We honored our words and didn't press charges, however the authority chooses to deal with them going forward is beyond our control. We just hope that they have learned their lesson and stop with the non-sense.

Thanks again for all the kind moral support, guys! You guys are the best.

Now lets go back to your hobby! :D

Robert and Cerissa

Well, I think the comments along with your posting and quick spread of the facts would scare anyone and a quick visit to the plastic surgeon if they want to keep in the hobby from now on in the area and I mean beyond the Bay Area.
I admire that you guys did not prosecute although I stated you should. FORGIVENESS is a HUUUUUUUUUGE thing not all of us are willing to.
I'm almost sure they read the postings so here it goes "Glad you guys corrected your mistake, it is to admire too"

It seems the incident stir up a heat a little bit in CL. :)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/for/1419995931.html

I am glad they got caught in a candid camera :)

And I was gonna be a wiseguy and post on that RC thread, "Hey I'll buy that coral off you for 2x what you paid. Just cover the shipping costs. You probably can just stick it in a small plastic baggie if it's just a short trip."

Lucky I don't post on RC anymore :D

Back