Jestersix

PLEASE RSVP - Jan. 12th - BAR Potluck & DIY LED Workshop @ 1:00pm

lattehiatus

Past President
Update: BAR members can use the code "BAR10" to save 10% on all orders placed at the RapidLED webstore through the end of January.

Quick Summary
What: Potluck & DIY LED Workshop
When: Saturday, January 12th @ 1pm
Where: Room# 722, Chabot College, Hayward

What better way to dive back in after the holidays, than with a BAR potluck followed by a DIY LED Workshop?

Itinerary:
1:00pm - Potluck Begins
2:00pm - DIY LED Presentation by RapidLED
2:30pm - Hands-On DIY Session with RapidLED Kits
3:30pm - Raffle
4:00pm - Wrap-up

Potluck
Show off your cooking/baking talent and bring something for everyone to marvel at! Please sign up and the list below will be updated. We need a little of everything, including:

Starters / Small Bites
- Guacamole and tortilla chips (lattehiatus)
- Potato chips (Coral reefer)
- Spinach dip (HiFidelity)

Entrees
- Baked mac & cheese (bondolo)
- Chicken enchiladas (2manyhobbies)
- Dim sum (Apon)
- Meatballs (Scarbird)
- Chili (Crosis)
- Chicken wings (xulio)

Sides
- Potato salad (magnetar68)

Desserts
- Triple chocolate chip cookies (aqua-nut)
- Monkey bread (goldielocke76 & denzil)
- Pie, banana cream or other fruit (jctse)
- Snickerdoodle cookies (CookieJar)
- Fluffernutter ice cream (sfsuphysics)
- Cheesecake (FeliciaLynn)

Beverages
- two liter sodas, cups and water bottles (littlereefers)
- soft drinks and water (patrickb)

If you have servingware that you are able to bring with your potluck item, it would be appreciated!

12-24-20125-33-11PM_zpsb83c124a.jpg

12-24-20125-33-35PM_zps9f4ad1b9.jpg

DIY LED Workshop

Time to get your hands a little dirty! Are you looking to supplement or replace your main lighting with LEDs, for better energy efficiency or to reduce heat? Are you OCD and none of the ready-made fixtures on the market suit your needs, or you just enjoy DIY? Then this workshop is for you!

Our local DIY LED retailer, RapidLED, will be giving a demonstration of how to put together a couple different LED kits. Then we will have the opportunity to break up into smaller groups to put together several LED fixtures, so you can see how easy it can be. Rapid staff will be on-site to supervise and answer any questions, and the completed fixtures will be available in the raffle after the workshop, so you better not be too sloppy with the DIY. :bigsmile:

Discount: RapidLED is also giving BAR members a 10% discount on all orders placed for pick-up on the day of the workshop, and to help save a few dollars on shipping. Simply email staff@rapidled.com with your items, and note that it is for the BAR meeting on January 12th. Payment can be made at the workshop when you pick-up your order. Can't make the meeting or not sure if this is right for you? After the workshop, BAR members can use the code "BAR10" to save 10% on all orders through the RapidLED webstore, so you can still have an order shipped to you.

Meeting Room Directions

Room722Directions.png

Don't forget to purchase a parking permit at the machines in the Chabot campus parking lot!

Hoping I won't gorge too much and be in a food coma when the workshop starts, but I am not too optimistic about the prospects given that BAR members are great in the kitchen!

I'm bringing homemade guacamole and store-bought tortilla chips.

bondolo said:
I will bring home made baked mac and cheese. Possibly fortified with scary things like cauliflower or kale.
Coral reefer said:
Fired up! Probably some sort of ready made item such as potato chips
aqua-nut said:
Put me down for some KILLER, ooey, gooey triple chocolate cookies!

I just had lunch, so how is it possible I am still hungry? ;)

Come on all you foodies! So far we have Guac & chips, chips, mac & cheese and cookies.

The only thing lacking to make that a well rounded meal is beer! (probably can't do that on campus :( )

Anybody else bringing food?

aqua-nut said:
Come on all you foodies! So far we have Guac & chips, chips, mac & cheese and cookies.

The only thing lacking to make that a well rounded meal is beer! (probably can't do that on campus :( )

Anybody else bringing food?

Yah, no alcohol :( If we could, there's quite the brew bug in numerous BAR members :)

Sweet, I was thinking of throwing together a lighting fixture (although bouncing back and forth between off the shelf fixtures).

I'll wait to see what I bring though, last time I felt so bad that I brought chili as did someone else, who made an absolutely huge amount compared to me, and he took home quite a few leftovers (not that my amount of chili missing from his container would have made that much of a dent ;))

aqua-nut said:
So far we have Guac & chips, chips, mac & cheese and cookies.

That would be a fantastic meal for me! I'm not a vegetarian-turned-pescatarian for health reasons. :bigsmile:

sfsuphysics said:
I'll wait to see what I bring though, last time I felt so bad that I brought chili as did someone else, who made an absolutely huge amount compared to me, and he took home quite a few leftovers (not that my amount of chili missing from his container would have made that much of a dent ;))

Glad you can make it! Call the chili or whatever you want to bring now, so that nobody else considers bringing the same thing.

Yeah, she's planning on making it. I asked her earlier today on our way home from the Niner game. We'll probably make two batches, I think.

I have somewhat of a weird question....

Unfortunately I can't be gone for too long on this day so I was wondering if it's acceptable to show up for an hour or so after the potluck?

Thanks

Since I am the newbie in this group, not the hobby, I will make chicken enchiladas, but I will need to know an approximation of the number of people that will attend. See you on Saturday!

patchin said:
At least 60 people! At least two each! :bigsmile:

60? You are planing on leftovers? Wait a minute. That's not a bad idea...

We usually have around 90 people at a meet/eat, don't we? ;)

Back