Neptune Aquatics

Pom-Pom Crabs! OMG! :)

But obviously, a 3/4-inch crab can't kill at 2 1/2 inch swimming clownfish with teeth! That is just logical!
Sort of how a tiny spider can't kill a person
...or a parasite like ich can't kill a fish
...or a small 1" echanata cora can't kill a colony of another coral?

Bigger isn't always stronger.

Your question on adequate light was covered the last time you asked. Check the advice given to you in that thread. I think it was nearly the same question.

Here is another example. A sea apple is pretty well considered "reef safe" however, if it dies the toxins it can release can wipe out an entire tank.

You guy do have good points about what the LFS says. They told me to do a water change every 4 months, they told me that a yellow-head goby was a jawfish, and they told me brittle stars eat clown fish.

But you need to have your tank well established and stable before moving over the nem. I think most people recommend a tank being at least 6months stable before adding one.

I know how to keep the levels stable now (I got a mag & alk test kit) and my water is GREAT! My frogspawn grew about 1 inch when I got the water straight. I was thinking of testing my water after 1 1/2 months, taking it to LFS to test, and then buying the anemone.
Does that sound ok? Also, the RBTA is $150 and the Condylactis is only $20. Is there any way I could keep Condylactis instead?

Also, I can't get my green clown goby (Lime) out of the filter. He won't swim into the net. I bought him 2 days ago and he has been in the filter (alive) for 2 days. He is stuck between glass and a hard place (Really, I mean it)

IMHO, the whole wait six months thing before adding anemone is a good idea to keep in mind, and a even a good rule to go by - but water quality is seems like more of more importance for me (and the anemone!) ... because even after 6 months, you're water quality could still be sub-par.

[[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5227.msg64703#msg64703 date=1226951822]
Euphyllia, you are constantly getting good, logical advice by seasoned people in the hobby and you are constantly trying to find excuses to avoid the advice.[/quote]

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5227.msg64825#msg64825 date=1226969458]
But you need to have your tank well established and stable before moving over the nem. I think most people recommend a tank being at least 6months stable before adding one.
[/quote]

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5227.msg64831#msg64831 date=1226969708]
I was thinking of testing my water after 1 1/2 months, taking it to LFS to test, and then buying the anemone.[/quote]

Back