Kessil

Post your swap questions here!

some caulerpas are nice. most grow too fast and require frequent prunings. :D

its nice to see them gaining more popularity. i think the next craze will be seagrass tanks.

here are a few that look nice.
http://www.marineplantedtanks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38

Huari,
No algae is not on the swap menu. In past swaps some members have brought extra chaeto few ocassions and some red grape algae once to give away on the freebee table. Time wise kind of depends on how people are swapping and items in the raffle. We try to get finished with the swap by 4:30.

ok I still can't wrap my mind around the whole shelf idea (sorry Rich, my imagination is on vacation), so should we put labels on the side of containers since they won't be viewable from top down? Or will that block the coral we're trying to look at?

Huari, I have some halimeda. I just got it recently so I can't spare a lot, but I'd be happy to bring you a golf ball sized clump if you'd like.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4039.msg50737#msg50737 date=1217634486]
ok I still can't wrap my mind around the whole shelf idea (sorry Rich, my imagination is on vacation), so should we put labels on the side of containers since they won't be viewable from top down? Or will that block the coral we're trying to look at?

[/quote]Just have faith Mike, as Rich would say "Don't look at Rich Ross, Rich Ross ain't gonna help you". The shelves will be no different than your average day at Wallmart, it will be just fine.

Oh I have faith in Rich... although him not being there.... ;)

I'm just trying to figure if it's going to look like fully stocked soup can isle, or armageddon is upon us the only thing left on the shelves is a few cans of succotash, look (with quite a bit of room to poke your head over the corals.)

So for lack of a better place I thought I would post this here.

This is the list of things I am going to drop off pick up at the swap. I will be showing up early, hopefully every I need to meet is there but if your not planning on being there say 11-12 please contact me so we can make arragements for you to get/give you stuff

Bar Swap Aug 9, 2008

BAR – DBTC pick-ups
1. Pink cat paw" - pocillopora spp - xinumaster
2. Zeplock’s Blue Palys - dswong01
3. Pink Zoas - Dyngoe
4. Joker paly - saltwatersig
5. Tubs Blue - seminolecpa

BAR – DBTC Drop-offs
1. Kryptonite Candy Canes – Elite / Phong

BAR member – NCNRS DBTC pick-ups
1. Green tip hammer - Elite / Phong
2. Indo Acan – Gomer / Tony
3. Unknown SPS - Gomer / Tony
4. Neon Toadstool - Gomer / Tony
5. Blue Paly - Gomer / Tony
6. Green Birds Nest - Gomer / Tony

Equipment Drop –off
1. Skimmer - Elite / Phong
2. Sump - jeremys

[quote author=jeremys link=topic=4039.msg50921#msg50921 date=1217867640]
what time is early?
[/quote]

I am planning on showing up between 11 and 12. I want to be gone before picking starts as I don't want to interupt the process.

I'll be there around 9am to help with the setup (pretty sure that is the setup time and hasn't been changed lol). I'll have a big cooler so they should be ok.

Does anyone know if we bring freebies, that they must be in containers, or can they be in bags? I was planning on giving some chaetomorpha away, but the containers I bought for frags are too small for the amount of chaetomorpha. and I was hoping I could put it in ziplocks.

Zip locks leak every times it seems. Any chance of you getting by a LFS and getting bags/rubber bands? If not, you can PM me your full shipping address and I'll send you some :)

Lyn,
You can get bag from the LFS. They usually have no problem selling you some. Ziplock bag are bad. You don't need water for chaeto but they are still wet. Ziplock can and will leak.

Edit:
Gresham is way too fast for me ;D ..

My advice, bring a bag with the chaeto that you want (all you want to get rid of), people who want it can simply take some and put it in a container they have.

However if you have no one lined up specifically to take it, why not pack it dry in ziplock bags? It most likely will last a few hours out of water, but then again I don't know how that stuff reacts. Maybe pull a small clump out of your tank for 6 hours or so, and then put it back to see if it dies off.

Thank you both for your quick replys. Gresham, if you don't mind, a couple bags would be great. My husband will be grateful, not to trip over the chaetomorpha buckets in our bathroom anymore. :D I'll PM you after this post. I am really trying to stay out of my lfs because I end up spending hours and $ in there. My husband cringes everytime I go near one, and my kids get bored after a couple hours :-.

Thanks again!

NO worries, I'll await your PM. I have loads of bags and sending them via the mail locally is cheaper then driving now :)

Seamus, you'll want to remove this post and start a thread over in the DBTC Tracking forum. Since this is just a swap question thread.

Back