Neptune Aquatics

Post your swap questions here!

If we can swing a safe place in the back of the table where I'll be helping Bryan we can have a holding spot for DBTC drop offs/pick ups if possible. I'll have my son with me and he'd love policing people. :) I know it's even hard to track down some people at regular meetings to exchange DBTC items so if Bryan is ok with it and enough people like that idea I think we can pull it off. Might be better to give it a test run at a normal meeting first though....... so many options..... it is nice to meet the person you are exchanging with and this would remove that which could suck???

Hooray...... more crap at my table.

I am ok with it though I think personal delivery always works best. Always nice to meet and thank the person you are getting free coral from.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4039.msg51427#msg51427 date=1218157306]
Hooray...... more crap at my table.

I am ok with it though I think personal delivery always works best. Always nice to meet and thank the person you are getting free coral from.[/quote]

LOL, we must have been thinking the same thing and typing at the same time. :) Let's scrap it for this event, too much to worry about and isn't in the best interest of building relationships with other members. If anyone NEEDS to leave and wants to leave something maybe we can help otherwise, keep looking, they have to be there somewhere :)

We'll all have name tags with our real names, and our silly internet handles.

Example of tuberiding
malik-joyeux-teahupoo-9-11.jpg

Don[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4039.msg51431#msg51431 date=1218158076]
We'll all have name tags with our real names, and our silly internet handles.
[/quote]

Or for us geeks... silly names and real internet handles. :D

I am wondering can I come in and do my DBTC trades, and equipment delivery even if I didn't pay and am not staying for the swap.

Basicly I am gonna pull up with my wife and baby in the car and jump out and do trades real quick like cuz I have a ton of stuff to do on Sat and I am kinda crowbarring this in.

Yes, but its up to you to make the handoff/collect your dbtc items.. Registration and frag check-in is from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. So kind of depends on when dbtc participants will be showing up/arranged time. Its gonna be hectic day for the staff.

Yeah if you think you're going to be in and out really quickly, you probably should try another date or something. As Dudley mentioned, there's going to be a fairly large window for check-in time, and the number of people there is more than any meeting by a LARGE value.

[quote author=Roc link=topic=4039.msg51474#msg51474 date=1218203960]
I am wondering can I come in and do my DBTC trades, and equipment delivery even if I didn't pay and am not staying for the swap.

Basicly I am gonna pull up with my wife and baby in the car and jump out and do trades real quick like cuz I have a ton of stuff to do on Sat and I am kinda crowbarring this in.
[/quote]

You can drop of my skimmer and pick up DBTC from me because I will be there early to do setup..

I was planning to show up at 11, I only have like 5 ppl to meet up with LOLOLOLOL hopefully it won't take to long but this stuff needs to happen.

Maybe I will just stand by reg with a sign that says "Hi I'm Roc / Imus do we have a trade scheduled?"

Imus, I'd PM everyone you are supposed to meet and see if you can get their cell numbers. I'm planning on doing that tonight if I have time.

Yeah, give everyone a speed dial text message or something (can you tell I'm cell-retarded?) that says "Roc's here, outside, get your stuff"

A couple already sent me a cell # however I don't have a cell, so it's kind of useless :)

Dropping off stuff isn't usually the issue you can arrange to have someone else doll it out if everyone isn't there, it's when you have to pick up stuff, and I know that if I'm giving stuff away and someone shows up for it I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing just to give them their stuff that instant.

Hey all! I just set up my tank 1 week ago, and it isn't ready for coral quite yet. I would really like to come and join in the festivities on 8/9/08, do I need to pay a cover charge even though i'm not going to be able to take part in the swap? Thanks for any info, Andrea.

[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=4039.msg51541#msg51541 date=1218226607]
Whoa!!!!

Mike doesn't have a cell? Are you an Amish physicist?

[/quote]
I have a cell but only use once every other month at best.
Norm just "recently" got one ..not that he really uses it.

hmm..I think the science people are on to something!

Back