Neptune Aquatics

Potluck food items

Radiolunatic said:
iani said:
I'll make some butter mochi.
Ian ...
Nice !!!! Mochi and this time of the year is a good match. I love mochi.

Wow Ian, butter mochi! Just like home! Almost all parties in Hawaii include butter mochi, especially around Christmas/New Years time. :) Great addition Ian! :D

tuberider said:
Not like the Fightin' Slugs campus, that place is like a psychedelic journey :D

They even sell beer on campus there :) It's not Brigham Young, that's for sure :p

If anyone else wants to bring some Hawaiian Sweet Rolls to go with the pulled pork, that would be amazing! It'll allow me to bring more pork!

(Speaking of which, if I'm going to braise it for 8 hours, I need to go shopping tonight!!)

Ok I just swung by costco got the frozen packs of finger foods so I'll bring some egg rolls and tacos, flautas & empanadas.

I realize egg rolls are on there but hey I'll take home my leftovers :D

Thanks everyone for a great feast!!! I had my weekly allowance of protein, fat and sugar in one sitting. :D

Which is the true statement? Good Reefer=Good Cook, or Good Reefer is married to Good Cook, or Good Reefer must make at least one dish they are fantastic at so they can competently participate at potluck parties. Well, which ever it is, it was a delicious party!

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, or as we say in Hawaii, Mele Kalikimaka and Haoli Makahiki Hou!

BTW, there really isn't anything wrong with island mentality where appropriate. People on islands have much longer lifespans, so we must be doing something right. :bigsmile:

Yeah great food, as always too much food so I only took a little bit of most dishes so I really didn't get to fully enjoy a large portion of one food :D Bit the head of a seahorse which was fun, and Jeremy's foccia was great, never had it prepared like that with the sea salt, gave it that extra pop.

And I think all of us are guilty of having some island mentality at one time or another... I think I'll use that as my excuse the next time someone (ahem) asks me why I haven't fixed that hole in the ceiling yet :D

He told me its the AquaVitro :D

But in all seriousness it reminded me a lot like the hot pretzels that you can't seem to find any more without paying tourist prices.

I'm going to post up the recipe today, it's shockingly easy :) thanks for the complements guys ;)

I actually used this guys salt
whoish.jpg

Back