Kessil

Powder blue/bright blue tip Insignus

I have 1 generous size frag about 2" on a piece of rubble of a powder blue base with bright blue tips Acropora Insignis. The frag has lost a little color for it had to sit through my tank during a stage of very low nutrients. It will color up deeper in an established tank. Currently its pastel blueish with a tint of lime, dependign on what k bulbs your using.

If you can do well with acros, then you can take this one.

I will prefer to deliver this on saturdays meeting.

heres of pic of the original colony.

BlueInsigniscolony.jpg

If it does ok under t5s - I'll give it a try.
Or maybe split it into 2 pieces to make sure the chain goes on.

p.s. you have that orange cap frags?

If you have enough T5s, I would assume it would be fine, since I know several SPS keepers using them as main lighting. Just put it up high. If you waqnt it, its yours and Ill bring it to the meting this saturday.

That picture is from the mother colony which is from someone elses tank. He gave me a large multi branched piece a couple months after I started my current tank, which is why it has faded some due to low nutrients. So the cap in that pic is not mine, but its a basic red/orange cap. I have a large colony of this and would be fragging it in a month or so. Il let you know if your still interested then.

I think the picture is darker then it originally was, for when I got it it was a nice poweder blue with bright tips, but since my lownutrient issue, it got even paler. Thingw are starting to color up nicely in my tank now though =)

Good to hear.Mine has colored up very nicely again . Whenever you get the chance id love to see how it looks in your tank.

Mines turned a bright turqoiuse body with nice blue tips.. Under 20k helios

84!

Oh wait that's Tony's thread :D

I'll hold out down the line however, I'm thinking about swapping my lights out (or at least one of them) so want to wait for things to settle down before putting freshly cut frag into a rapid change.

Back