Kessil

PraziPro Reef Safe?

So coincidentally I just dosed a clients tank with prazi. Mainly FOWLR, but a couple softies and a frogspawn. We will see how it goes. Planning on leaving it in for a one week period, followed by a 50% water change and another one week dosage.

Euphyllia said:
I left the first one at GM until the second came in two months later. One of the first two died in shipping so I had to wait for GM to place another order with ORA. I left the second one there for two weeks and picked both up at the same time so that one wouldn't establish a territory and harass the other when it was added to the tank. They were in the bag for the overnight shipping from ORA which was usual. They were in another bag when I picked them up from GM for about 30 minutes until I put them in a bucket for drip acclimation.

So one was at an LFS for 2 months and the other for 2 weeks? I don't see how you can possibly blame ORA for what you blamed them for.

Thales said:
Euphyllia said:
I left the first one at GM until the second came in two months later. One of the first two died in shipping so I had to wait for GM to place another order with ORA. I left the second one there for two weeks and picked both up at the same time so that one wouldn't establish a territory and harass the other when it was added to the tank. They were in the bag for the overnight shipping from ORA which was usual. They were in another bag when I picked them up from GM for about 30 minutes until I put them in a bucket for drip acclimation.

So one was at an LFS for 2 months and the other for 2 weeks? I don't see how you can possibly blame ORA for what you blamed them for.

I wasn't really blaming them. Just expressing my strong opinions about them. I personally think they are producing to match quantity instead of quality. I saw both of the fish shortly after they came in before I picked them up. The second one came in yellow and has been coloring up under my halide.

How has your experience led you to believe they are not caring for their creatures or shipping them without care?

I wish they would care for their creatures better and ship them with care. ORA's quality has really declined.

Euphyllia said:
I wasn't really blaming them. Just expressing my strong opinions about them. I personally think they are producing to match quantity instead of quality. I saw both of the fish shortly after they came in before I picked them up.

What other direct experience, and evidence do you have that this is a wide spread problem . No doubt they have distributed thousands upon thousands of livestock. Sounds to me like you have a one bad experience here and besides attributing it to ORA, are also implying that lots and lots of other people are having this same experience.

FYI, spooked fish can have faded coloration.

Thales said:
How has your experience led you to believe they are not caring for their creatures or shipping them without care?
Gomer said:
What your the basis for this statement?

The clown I received as a replacement was not the Grade 'A' that you would think. He had a picasso pattern on one side (more of a blob) and he also had blurry white blotches. On the other side all of his stripes were as usual, but he had one line across the middle bar. That's it. There were two other clowns in that order that came in dead.

Thales said:
Lights color up fish?

A clown being yellow under basically no light could color up to be more orange under a bright light like a halide. My guy is coloring up to an orange.

1) can you post pictures of your clowns. Did you order an pay for grade A? Did you bring the "non-grade A" issue with the LFS? Could it be that (pure speculation) that the LFS told you grade A and ORA didn't specifically ship the specific clown as Grade A? Why bring home and pay for an unhealthy fish, that is not what you want?

2) Is it possible that the health of the fish that came in was the result of the shipping and not ORA/LFS? It's been blazing hot. Maybe the fish were left in the sun for a long time.

3) Your accusations are sweeping, discrediting the practices of the entire ORA company, but I still haven't see any proof beyond this ONE INSTANCE.

4) The light doesn't color up the fish.

Gomer said:
1) can you post pictures of your clowns. Did you order an pay for grade A? Did you bring the "non-grade A" issue with the LFS? Could it be that (pure speculation) that the LFS told you grade A and ORA didn't specifically ship the specific clown as Grade A? Why bring home and pay for an unhealthy fish, that is not what you want?

2) Is it possible that the health of the fish that came in was the result of the shipping and not ORA/LFS? It's been blazing hot. Maybe the fish were left in the sun for a long time.

3) Your accusations are sweeping, discrediting the practices of the entire ORA company, but I still haven't see any proof beyond this ONE INSTANCE.

4) The light doesn't color up the fish.

I ordered and payed for two grade 'A' picassos. I made sure that the LFS knew that I wanted grade 'A'. I did bring the non-grade 'A' issue up and since GM is closing another order couldn't be placed. I had pre-paid and Shawn kindly offered to give me my money back, but I decided to take the fish in hopes that it would change with it's intensity of color and I'm hoping lots of black will come in on it.

It's possible that it was just shipping, but the clams that came in with the order were fine.

I've seen some people on other various reef forums that mentioned their LFS getting a browned-out order from ORA. I'm not blaming them, and in retrospect I could've phrased what I said differently. If there practices have gotten worse over time, then I think they should work to put quality over quantity.

Mine seems more intensely colored under the halide than it was at the LFS. Maybe it was stressed in shipping and turned pale. It may just be my comparison of under the dim light and under my halide.

Here's the fish...

First one (exact same patterns on both sides)
bdw6e8.jpg

Second one
vd05r6.jpg

2ahto49.jpg

I'm not upset with it. It's just that one side that makes me think it's not grade 'A'. It may not be up to the standards of other grade 'A' picassos, but I still like it.

That "fuzzy white blotch" is a cool pattern. I know many that would love to have that fish. The cool thing about picassos is that the patterns are all different.

iani said:
I would say those look like nice grade "A" fish to me. Maybe your expectations are a bit unrealistic?

It's only the second one that I'm concerned with. I've seen the umbrella pattern on the middle stripe of many grade 'B' which is why it concerned me that it may not be grade 'A'. The other things that stood out to me were the fuzzy white blotches and the yellow-color of the fish, but he is turning more orange.

All of the other grade 'A' picassos I've seen online have crisp white patterns instead of blotchy white areas. Most of the clowns I've seen are orange rather than yellow. I'm not unhappy with the fish, I'm just concerned that it may not be grade 'A' on most standards. It's possible that my expectations are very unrealistic. Maybe the super nice grade 'A's online create a stereotype for what a grade 'A' picasso should be.

iani said:
That "fuzzy white blotch" is a cool pattern. I know many that would love to have that fish. The cool thing about picassos is that the patterns are all different.

I guess so, but it's not my first choice of a pattern. I've grown to love the fish so I can't really complain. The reason I complained about ORA was because the yellow color of the fish when it came in, and the two other clowns that came in dead. It is quite possible that the shipment went through rough conditions, and since that was pointed out to me I have no way to prove that the shipment wasn't shipped fine. I realize I really have no case to argue for since I've began to like the fish after it started turning orange. The yellow was the huge problem for me.

Gomer said:
Curious, but what is the technical specification between different grades?

Crazy wow patterns on grade 'A' and misbar-like patterns on grade 'b'. That's how I view it at least. There is no one universal grading system yet.

Euphyllia said:
Gomer said:
Curious, but what is the technical specification between different grades?

Crazy wow patterns on grade 'A' and misbar-like patterns on grade 'b'. That's how I view it at least. There is no one universal grading system yet.

Listen kid... they do have a grading system in place, it's how the freaking fish get graded in the first place. Grow up all ready, or go hang out where people don't actually care about the truth, facts, etc. We hear actually care about such things.

Do you know what gives fish a deeper red color? Use the internet, it's not your freaking light litttle kid. I will give you a hint. "A".

BTW:

1li·bel
noun ˈlī-bəl
Definition of LIBEL

a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means

You are risking your parents getting sued by what nonsense you have spit out in this thread.

Euphyllia said:
iani said:
I would say those look like nice grade "A" fish to me. Maybe your expectations are a bit unrealistic?

It's only the second one that I'm concerned with. I've seen the umbrella pattern on the middle stripe of many grade 'B' which is why it concerned me that it may not be grade 'A'. The other things that stood out to me were the fuzzy white blotches and the yellow-color of the fish, but he is turning more orange.

All of the other grade 'A' picassos I've seen online have crisp white patterns instead of blotchy white areas. Most of the clowns I've seen are orange rather than yellow. I'm not unhappy with the fish, I'm just concerned that it may not be grade 'A' on most standards. It's possible that my expectations are very unrealistic. Maybe the super nice grade 'A's online create a stereotype for what a grade 'A' picasso should be.

Or just maybe you have absolutely no clue what your talking about. Time to go kill more fish and corals, eh?

Back