Cali Kid Corals

Prefered Frag plugs?

I am looking to start a 10g grow out/frag tank. usual egg crate hoopla. Are there prefered frag plugs? Any to avoid? I am not sure where to get them. So far, I have just fragged onto live rock rubble, but plugs would be more responsible and convenient.

EDIT: Are neon toadstools still desirable? I have one that I should be able to frag in a month or so for the DBTC (if desirable)

A few of us got some "Coral Cradles" from Gresham, I really like them for the initial grow out. They don't dislodge, and you can fit a bunch of them into a small space without corals coming into contact (for the most part).

Thanks for starting this thread, I was thinking about the same thing and I have too many DBTC frags I'm going to have to keep track of.

I've been using just pieces of cut acrylic lately for frags that rest on the bottom of the tank. Coz they don't look like ugly pieces of man-made stone.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2815.msg29764#msg29764 date=1200078123]
www.coralcradle.com

:D

[/quote]

Plastic Frag plugs?

Those coral cradle plugs are nice. They lock into the eggcrate a few different ways. A plus if you have turbo snails.

Some people like to glue rubble or rock slices on top of the plastic, and then mount the frag on top of the whole thing.

Curing in your toilet speeds up the lifetime of the internal parts of the toilet. Be prepared to replace the flapper quite often as well as the regualtor :)

I will say after replacing the internal plumbing parts to two low-flush low profile (low boy) toilets it is seriously no fun to replace.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2815.msg30161#msg30161 date=1200354849]
I will say after replacing the internal plumbing parts to two low-flush low profile (low boy) toilets it is seriously no fun to replace.
[/quote]Visualize Eileen cursing and throwing channel lock pliers, eventually turning to drink to "fix the toilet". Only to turn around and come to the rationalization it's time for tile work.

Sliced Tonga branch is cool too, to keep things on topic of course.

Anyone happen to have an excess of plugs or the plastic coral cradles and will be at the Swap Meeting?

Alternately, anyone going to be at the swap and want to get in on a larger order to save some $?

Yah, Gresh had those.

Btw, the black eggcrate is supposed to be better than the white. The white has some chemical in it that makes algae grow :(

Two types of white. El cheapo brittle stuff = bad
The good white is the more costly acrylic ones, they're FAR better then the El Cheapo.

[quote author=GreshamH ]
Two types of white. El cheapo brittle stuff = bad
The good white is the more costly acrylic ones, they're FAR better then the El Cheapo.
[/quote]

The only stuff I've seen sold is at HD and the only have white and silver (yes, the silver is coated bad stuff). It didn't seem brittle but I didn't pay attention what it was made of. Where do you suggest purchasing it from? I'm really interested in knowing who sells black... does TAP carry this stuff?

Back