High Tide Aquatics

President stepping down

GreshamH said:
Some donations only are given to BAR due to whom asked for them in some cases, so yes, it does IMo depend on whom is asking for them and their connection with said donor.

Sure! At the same time it is important that new people make new connections and figure out how to do it. Otherwise, when the one person leaves, or is busy, not much can be done.
It does take time to build the 'network', but I think anyone can do it. :D

Just a FYI, our idea of the club, and the LFS owners/manufacturers are completely different in many cases.

Can you let us know what those differences are?

Not with out revelling personal conversations that the other parties would be happy with.

As a manufacturer, I feel my donations are appreciated and does a good servoce for my product. I have had stores question my practice though, as has ASAP and they don't typically donate to the club, other then the WONDERFULL space to use. They have donated coral in the past, as well as a few boxes of bags, both of which helped the club out in a time of need.

I've told you in person in the past, and will do so again when I see you next. It's not for public consumption, which is why I didn't post it. I can however, post it in the IBTH in the PM thread, if it wasn't locked :D

However, I do agree anyone can do it, and there should be more then one. Heck, just ask Shawn :lol:

The hardest part is squeezing the water out of the rock ;)

GreshamH said:
Some donations only are given to BAR due to whom asked for them in some cases, so yes, it does IMo depend on whom is asking for them and their connection with said donor.
I would tend to believe that to be the case quite often.

At my work place there is an entirely separate department whose purpose is donor relations and fundraising. It's a separate profession of it's own. It would be presumptious for me as a techie there to mosey up and tell them that I or anybody else could do their job. "I don't know what it takes to do your job, so there must not be much to it. I'm sure it's easy!" hahaha.

Nah, it's easy, you just need to build a working relationship with them. It's one of my duties at Reed, so I'm totally not offended if anyone said that to me BTW :D hardest part is, after elections I get a series of emails from all the BOD's it's seems, past and present. I just set up rules in Outlook to handle all them ;)

I have a few parting gifts for the club, a new every meeting frag sponsor (INSANE STUFF). www.rarefrags.com is willing to donate to each meeting, I just need someone in the SJ area to become the liason. Contact me via email and I'll introduce you to them.

I'll be at the meeting for the start at least. I'll have Reef Nutrition stuff on board, and I'm talking to Manfred as I type with one hand. He's not at the shop yet, so when he get's in, he'll see what he has to donate.

sorry for the multiple posts, I get errors every time posting and I didn't know any even made it. I'll get one posting this :D

We heard you :D

I'm not good with talking to people but if you guys need me to pick something from Matt (rarefrags.com), I can do it. I live pretty close to him.

What we need is:

for you to contact him prior to each meeting, basicly stay in contact with him, tell him when the meetings are and arrange pick-up the day off each event. If you could handle this, that would simply be excellent. Since you know him, it sounds painless to me :D

I can do the sponsor communications part... keeping them updated on what's up with club events etc. if that helps.

Man, you have some killer stuff lined up, Gresham!

He's on his was to Vegas for his wifes fathers wedding at the moment :D Next meeting.

Mr. Ugly said:
I can do the sponsor communications part... keeping them updated on what's up with club events etc. if that helps.

Man, you have some killer stuff lined up, Gresham!

That would be excellent. a couple weeks prior, send em all an email updating them on BAR activities, good idea :D

Back