Kessil

Probiotic dosing

Ok, after reading this article I'm sold. This article does a great job of explaining exactly what is going on so far as what is known. I ordered ZEOfood 7, ZEObak and ZEOstart 2.

Hopefully its not as complicated as it sounds with the dosing schedule. If I had a bigger tank I would use a solid carbon source like bio pellets in a reactor. As it is now, I am going to only use activate carbon and dosing the the 3 main zeovit products.

Basically the system replaces some of the zooxanthellae with heterotrophic bacteria as a food source. This loss of zooxanthellae makes the color of the coral more intense.

I would be happy with just a slight increase in the corals' colors. Does anyone do any type of probiotic dosing currently or in the past and how did it fair? I will be keeping a log of the dosing and pictures to document changes.

Read, read, read, read, read and read some more before going down that path, not that it is a bad one. I've seen beautiful tanks with or without zeo/prodbio/neo-zeo etc. the problem is if you decide to stop or go on vacation, it's like getting off of lip balm, or eye drops, there's potential problems that can occur.

Back