Neptune Aquatics

Project: Jenova... a 70g Tech/LED Powered Psychopath's Dream.... 720p and stuff.

Damnit.. Okay, this is my first tank so I just threw the rocks in the tank and they ended up like that :x

Picture two hands locking fingers.. thats what I want SPS to do in the middle of my tank.

2x39w T5 Retro is gonna be a tight fit... however it will provide the hi flow/lo light areas I desire for the left pillar of the tank while giving UV to my SPS up high so they can rock them fatty tans.

actinfts.jpg

Man the tank is sick, amazing rockwork, very impressive!

I want to ask about the sands, where did you get the sands? Looks nice and does not appear to be sugar fine, do you have issue with powerhead blowing them up?

My 3 K3 and return blow the sand around a little.. I've been playing with the placement.. I was having creator issues before. The sand is a mixture of #0 and #3 from Neptunes... about 10lb of each.

Kray are those acros regaining color or have they always been that color?

They looked kinda pale to me, thats why I was asking...

Nope, just some proper white balancing to make the colors look normal.... I try to kill the blue as much as possible when white balancing... I guess too many incorrect photographs of coral online drove me to make my pictures look like this.

My prop tank is much higher lighting than Jenova, so some SPS lost a little color from the move.. however, you have to take into consideration lighting differences between tanks, and placement. For example, my red planet colony was all red/pink in the prop tank sitting under my 6x54w fixture(about 12.500")...and now about 24.000" from a 120w/24w LED it has reverted back to red/green base due to being in lower light IMO.

When I finish my light and add the T5 retro, I should be achieving what I have been aiming for.

Well good healthy color is the goal, and you sure know how to produce that....

It's great to see some pics, I can't watch videos at work and frankly thats when I check in at the most of the forums...

Back