Jestersix

Propagation of Scolymia Australis Now with feeding images...weird stuff

caught them with the feeder tentacles out, so I blasted a bunch of mysis onto them....they ate just like when they were round...bringing the pieces into their new mouths.
IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

They will grow back round again. I actually split a scolly and a cynarina with my friend Ryan back a long time. We just hacked it down the middle really fast. As long as they are healthy they will grow back but really slow. The new tissue that grows back will be very light in color and may not match to the rest of the piece, for the amount of time it took was long. In the end I liked it better when it was one! Its crazy but you can do it.

Show me a elegance fragged a few times!! :)

How about one that has been fragged for 20 years Derek? head over to Lucky Goldfish in Oakland as Hunter has a hunk he frags regularly that was from Shutin's.

http://www.reeffarmers.com/auctionedelegancecoral.htm

Update.... I just noticed the scoly has actually formed a circle with it's flesh, but the skeleton has a ways to go. And the new flesh is just as vibrant as the rest of it.
IMG_6430.jpg

FWIW that thread on RC is bogus. No AC ones coem into the trade, but, little ones come in all the time. I got one the same size as his. The tip off is his is perfectly round... if AC it would have am odd shape until larger.

Back