got ethical husbandry?

PSA Acrylic Cylinders Free

DIY heaven, acrylic cylinder is pretty darn expensive in those diameters and of course lengths and that looks new.
Sent an email, crossing fingers...

Wow, are you getting that Mario?

I want to DIY something. Maybe a camera box to take top down photos. Or a way to corral my clownfish onto my BTA =P

Also interested in one if you decide to sell or part with some :).
Going to try to make a top down viewer for pictures as said above

That would be a fun get together. Mario can sketch out the plans and we can all build one!
In principle it would not be such a hard job. You'd need a piece of acrylic bigger than the diameter of the tube and then cut out a hole a hair less than the diameter of the tube with a router and jig or CNC machine, then the hard part is route out a groove to put an o-ring. Then you can drill some holes, tap some threads, and some creative plumbing and you're golden. However being able to do a perfect circle is where it leaves the DIY realm unless you are very skilled. But find someone with a little CNC machine who can bang out a bunch of parts, then it's a matter of gluing and screwing everything together.

Of course if those tubes are very thin walled, like for holding posters or something, then probably would not be such a good idea.

Back