PSA HUge 15' Tank and stand free on CL!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Bruce Spiegelman, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

2. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

3. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

15'x10'x4' !

:eek:

4. Bruce Spiegelman

I don't think I've ever seen a 15' tank for free. I hope someone in this group snags it. I didn't post to any of the FB clubs, but I noticed someone else did. Hurry!

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Holy schnikes! 15x4x4, That's close to 2000 gal?
    I always wanted a leopard shark...just need a new house to put it in!

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

It's 15'x4'x4'.

That glass must be special ordered. My glass vendor says I'm limited to 4'x10'.

7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

What I'm more surprised about is that when I showed my wife she said she'd let me get it if we took out the fireplace and put it against that wall.

8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

1795 gallons for that beast!

9. Bruce Spiegelman

Somebody get it! We can all help aquascape!

10. Bruce Spiegelman

What would tat thing cost if ordered new?

11. Bruce Spiegelman

We were looking for a new BAR project! How about a 2000 gallon frag tank! We can rent a small warehouse for it. If we all chip in it'll be a few bucks a month......
    :);):(:p

12. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

@roostertech seems to host a lot of learning events, we should get this tank for his house to test out whatever we learned that day.

Coral reefer likes this.
  13. Bruce Spiegelman

Yes!

14. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

15. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I would say we should help pay the person's PG&E bill :D

Strangely enough 15' would actually be outside of my usable size... well ok I COULD put it against the entire side wall basement fish/laundry room and not have back access. But yeah that gallonage, no way in hell I want to deal with that level of water changes, salt costs, lighting costs, heating costs, equipment costs, I got a kid damnit I don't have that kind of time! :D

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Com'on. You're a teacher. I know you've got buckets of money just laying around.

17. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah! Teacher dollars are why my current project is taking so long! Because big paydays mean lots of options to choose from, I mean it's not like I'll be teaching summer school to pay for college 17 years down the road or anything :D

But a 15' x 4' x4' tank find someone who knows someone with a glass shop to chop that bad boy into smaller pieces and I can assemble my own tank, what's a 4' tall 15' long tank use anyways? 1.25" glass? 1.5" glass? :D

18. euod

euod Supporting Member

It's deleted:(
    I was hoping to get a glimpse.

19. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

So...At 2000G and my ability to make 180G of RO/DI per day, I could fill that thing in ELEVEN days. WTH....That's too much work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Not to mention if you only did a 10% water change that's more than a day's worth of rodi production and a whole box of salt.

I installed a tankless water heater for the house. I wonder if you could do something like that to heat a large tank that size.