High Tide Aquatics

PSA: Tunze Comline Skimmer Possibly Half Off

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Tunze® Comline® DOC Skimmer $58 (half off)
up to 37 gal
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=33426&cmpid=sc

Warning: if it is like the recent posting and reposting by DFS for Tunze Osmolator for 50% off that was actually not available, then you will not get this skimmer. However, if you would like one, I would try for it just in case it is an actual deal.
I have this skimmer on my 22g frag tank because it fits in the tiny overflow box and does a pretty good job.
(too bad it doesn't remove monti eating nudibranchs)

I've been waffling about whether to put in a skimmer for my BTA tank... but at this price, probably worth having just in case

I change water weekly and BTAs in the tank are happy enough as is... but thinking that as more BTAs enter the system, a skimmer will be handy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The whole Tunze line of skimmers just baffles me, size wise they don't compare to "modern" skimmers, some have some really odd looks (dumping skimmer effluent into filter socks?), yet they boast some really high tank size ratings. However the devil is in the details and if you search a bit you find that "SPS tanks" and the like have much lower size.

For a BTA only tank with a pair of clowns and an acrobatic niger trigger (jumped from my DT to my BTA tank and landed in the only one space there of 3x12...wish I had a video feed on my tanks now), I figured the tunze is more than enough...actually the system is running great without a skimmer but thought to have a bit of insurance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back