PSA Water Barrels

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by xcaret, Mar 18, 2017.

1. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Came across a nice guy, he's taking down his systems; among the things he posted FS on CL are water barrels, I believe 50g volume each for pretty darn cheap $10ea. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/6046125373.html
    He mentioned live rock will be available soon.

2. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric)

Thanks for the heads up, texted him for 28g sump and ASM G3. Already have two HDPE drums for water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I think I still have a Sedra 5000 body. I was tempted to ask to see the ER skimmer but I controlled myself.

4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

I texted on the barrel. Thanks for sharing.

5. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I can also get them for you guys if he needs them gone and later without pressure you can pick them up at my place.
    Many years ago I was working in the area and while turning left on San Jose Ave, saw a guy with a huge fish tank, sort of struggling to handle it; I parked and lent him a hand then I went my way... I met him Friday morning, picked couple small-ish things from him then it came to my mind that he might be the person I helped.
    I believe he has a severe injury therefore decided to stop the hobby.

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

What ER skimmer model does that fit? I believe I have a ER shell somewhere downstairs, unsure the model though.

7. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Fits the 8" 12" bodies I believe

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

ahh, ok, this one most definitely is not that large. I want to say it was similar to the RS-80 model, but I am kind of guessing at this point.

9. Bruce Spiegelman

If he's near you and you're going there anyway can you pick up the barrels for me? He does still have them. I just won't be near the city till Friday.

10. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Sure, I'll get in touch with him.

11. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I believe ER were as follow 5" bodies RS80/100, 6" RS135, 8" RS180, 12" RS250 and beyond. 5" and 6" bodies had the KSP3500, all others maybe the 5000? Then they had the recirculating series RC so I guess Joe, by his cl ad, did the mod of the skimmer to a RC type, that meant two extra holes drilled on the body. The good old days of pimpin' the skimmers.

12. OnTheReef

I have done the "gate valve mod" so many times now, lol :D

13. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Sent him an email and text this morning, so far no reply.

14. Bruce Spiegelman

Thanks for trying.

15. OnTheReef

We had a text exchange Friday and Sunday. I am planning to go up there and get the ASM G3 and 28g sump on Tues eve, presuming they are in good shape. I could probably fit a barrel in my hatchback or if someone wants to loan me a truck, I could bring back everything :eek:

16. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I looked at the ER skimmer, looks very well maintained; I gave him a Sedra 5000 to match the skimmer since I have no use for it.
    Is not the ER series with the bulky annoying true-union but the newer easy to remove flange. Somebody grab that skimmer!