High Tide Aquatics

PSA: When Did You Last Clean Your ATO Reservoir?

MolaMola

Supporting Member
In case you have not emptied and cleaned your reservoir and ATO pump tubes/cables in a long time, you might want to consider it. I have 5 of them and only get around to it about twice a year and am always disgusted by the invisible snot I find at the bottom and along the tubes/cable. Gross!

When I installed it. I occasionally dose Mg or K in my ATO water, but otherwise nothing. On a previous tank when I used kalk in my ATO container I did clean out the sludge periodically.

I don’t recall seeing slime in mine when I broke it down. I never previously washed it. The sw reservoir on the other hand needed to be rinsed.

Yeah, mine are pretty clean too. You ever have saltwater siphon back into the ATO?
Not that I know of. Always a chance some kid added SW instead of FW but we check TDS pretty often to check that. Our ventilation system also spews out a tremendous amount of dust and probably invisible junk. There's a lot of adolescent cooties flying around at all times, too, so I shall blame that.

Mine stay clean. If you get crud, then I’d check your RODI set up.

My ro water used to stink and get slimy (even reading 0 TDS) until I got a better setup.

Back