Cali Kid Corals

pump for a 12 gal nano

ok well while my water is cycling in our tank i was looking at the pump and it doesnt have a ton of push the pump that it came with stock is a CA-50 not sure about it but thats what it came with my old 14gal oceanic came with a maxi-jet in it
so i was wondering should i change out this pump to something like a maxi jet or not i plan on putting on the FLO Rotating Water Deflector by hydor on the output of the pump into the tank and adding a koralia nano to the tank for circulation sine i am gonna put some stonies in the tank
also

thanks
chris & gin

Maxijet 900, Hydor, and Koralia 1 is a great combination for a 12g. I had that in my Aquapod.

Took out the Koralia a while back so I could have a RBTA in there. No stonies now, but probably would be fine for fox and bubble coral type stuff.

I left the stock pump in mine for the push but I had a koralia nano and a maxi 500 in there for cirrculation and tried a maxi 1000 but it was just a tad bit to much power in there. haha but i loved the flow and so did my fish.

The main reason I switched out the stock return for the MJ900 was for the reduced wattage on the MJ.

The stock pump was making the tank run hot.

Try this......http://neptuneaquatics.com/content/hydor-1200-pico-evolution

We carry those pumps for this exact application....lots of flow with very little heat added to the water. Draws only 8W. Cerissa swapped out the stocked pump in her BC14 with this one and it lowered the tank's native temp by almost 2 degrees. It also had an input regulator so you can dial down the flow if it's too much for your tank.

we use a maxi jet 1200 on our jbj 12 gallon dx with a nano koralia. flow is great and tank looks like this. hope this helps. tank lights are the original 2 x 24 watt pcs. we run chemi pure elite with the ceramic rings as our filtration system.
squidward047.jpg

man thats crazy how you have all that stuff in there lol. And im not familiar with the chemi pure elite with ceramic rings. If you wouldnt mind educating me on it lol.

Back