got ethical husbandry?

Purple hornet, @oww!

Is this how much it cost now to own a purple hornet? :O

Here is the link: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/1347335843.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few frags of the very rare and elusive PURPLE HORNET zoa!!! $120 per polyp. Get them while they last, first come first serve until it's all gone. Will not hold. No shipping, price is firm, pick up this weekend.

keywords: reef, tank, aquarium, skimmer, chiller, fish, sps, lps, saltwater, coral, saltwater fish, corals, zoa, reef, aquarium, vho, wet dry filter, chaeto, sump, refugium, protein skimmer, zoanthids, zoa, tang, angelfish, tank, aquarium, fish tank, metal halide, power compact lights, moonlight, live rock, liverock, frags, dendro, acan, rainbow, rare

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3k63pd3l75Q35P15R598u8df5db3827351a5d.jpg

The guy who first marketed it as Purple Hornet defines it with the alternating yellow on the skirt, so if you're into lineage and all that, then only that definition is right?
I myself am only into the naming of corals to get similar or same colors, so I am more than willing to get the a zoa someone has named purple/yellow thing zoa for $10 for 5 polyps, than I am Purple Hornet that looks almost identical but is $$ per polyp. I do feel false advertisement of LE that just looks similar is wrong though but it's on the buyer also, if the buyer is happy to pay then so be it.

$120 would be a good price for a real purple hornet right now. People on Ebay is still paying around $300 shipped for one polyp.

tuberider said:
We should get some into the DBTC program, we can devalue them quickly :D

If you want to make it affordable, I'll chip in the $, someone with good zoa success grows it and then DBTC, how's that?

I don't see the appeal in purple deaths I have a ton of purple from the coraline algae :D At least the purple hornets have contrasting colors to each their own :p

its just a zooanthid. they are not worth much and the color isn't that great. you would have to be a fool to pay 300 for a single polyp. the person who first brought them into the trade probably only paid 10 bucks for a whole colony of them. if you buy one, grow them and devalue them and start getting them sold for what they are really worth. I will pitch in like 20 for the sake of devalueing them.

Back