High Tide Aquatics

Purple hornet, @oww!

JRocha said:
its just a zooanthid. they are not worth much and the color isn't that great. you would have to be a fool to pay 300 for a single polyp. the person who first brought them into the trade probably only paid 10 bucks for a whole colony of them. if you buy one, grow them and devalue them and start getting them sold for what they are really worth. I will pitch in like 20 for the sake of devalueing them.

Agree, a fool pays $300 but if he grows it and sells it let's say $150 each head then the title should be "businessman" with huge profits
Couple years back the craze for the blue tubs; I saw them around $25 per each !! today you find them for $2 or $3 per head but the ones who took the plunge at first made quite a few dollars. When I bought the blues I believe I paid $7 to a college kid in Berkeley ~2 years ago, the little sucker would not grow on me and finally I see some babies coming out. I got also one from Charles that is already growing three heads.
I'm in to chip some $ in but can also wait for them to be lets say $10 per polyp ?? I'm sure something else will show up and beat the price of $300, after all, is the land of opportunity...

There's an actual frag for sale on ebay. Multi polyps http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320427520104&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Erick said:
There's an actual frag for sale on ebay. Multi polyps http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320427520104&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Think he may want to put a touch more blue light over the tank to really show them off.

I wish we were over it I wouldn't be asked to pay crazy money for them :)

And on the zoas DML08 posted, That morph is nice the seller is just asking too much, there was someone who posted it on R2R and it's being discussed/bashed, which kind of makes me feel bad for Neptune because it is a consignment coral and not their price, so people might think poorly on them when it isn't even them that is pricing it. I think people are finally starting to get fed up with high priced zoas.

Erick said:
I wish we were over it I wouldn't be asked to pay crazy money for them :)

And on the zoas DML08 posted, That morph is nice the seller is just asking too much, there was someone who posted it on R2R and it's being discussed/bashed, which kind of makes me feel bad for Neptune because it is a consignment coral and not their price, so people might think poorly on them when it isn't even them that is pricing it. I think people are finally starting to get fed up with high priced zoas.

Don't be Erick! We're not sorry... :D. We already sold 4 polyps of it already and we can't seem to get enough of them. It's been so popular that we actually have a waiting list now. So no worry. Any publicity is a good publicity.

Back