Purple with Baby blue Ricordea

Discussion in 'DBTC - Softies' started by LeviT, Feb 20, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Ok, this is an easy one to prop out. This is actually the 2nd head from this ric and you look close you can tell the mother is growing yet another mouth so I should have another one soon. As you can tell the baby is still growing out a little since I cut the mouth away a few weeks ago. This one is open to anyone my only requests are:

• [li]keep it lower in your tank [/li]
      [li]keep it in a lower flow area[/li]
      [li]attempt to keep it daily to help it fill out and reproduce[/li]
      [li]preferrable meeting pick up[/li]
      [li]put at least 2 back in before trading or selling[/li]

If there are several responses maybe I'll do the pick a number or something since there is only 1 right now.
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/My%20DBTC/ricordea8.jpg[/img]

2. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Very nicre Levi. How do you prop out a ric? Do you just cut the mouth to prop a ricordea?

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

As long as I feed it daily it has grown another mouth, once that happens I slice it off. This one was from a bad cut I made when removing the first one. The extra cut I made grew out into this little guy while still partially attached to the mother.

4. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Very Pretty. I especially like the bright green center! I got an orange one at swap and it's doing really well in our nano. I've asked for a few things already on DBTC recently, so I will understand if you choose someone else. But I would like to be considered.

5. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=patchin link=topic=3146.msg34495#msg34495 date=1203558539]
    Very Pretty. I especially like the bright green center! I got an orange one at swap and it's doing really well in our nano. I've asked for a few things already on DBTC recently, so I will understand if you choose someone else. But I would like to be considered.
    [/quote]

Sure thing. I'm like in the top 10 for receiving frags from the program so that won't weigh into my decision :) As long as a bunch of folks don't chime in by morning it's yours. I picked up a bright green one from the group buy but it doesn't eat as regularly as the mother always has, it might need some time.

6. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I think I am ahead of you levi lol. About time I add into the program :)

7. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Well this list does have a bunch of transactions that haven't been completed yet so in the case of my number there are at least 4 that I haven't received. I'll try and track down the other thread and post it there to.

to count
    sfsuphysics 10
    Gomer 10
    seminolecpa 11
    TimTen 12
    Ibn 13
    northbay-reefer 14
    dswong01 14
    otterpop510 14
    Apon 14
    Paradox 18
    LordHelmet 20
    Raddogz 21
    LeviTillie 22
    Dyngoe 22
    nash 24
    patchin 25
    Mr. Ugly 28
    Zepplock 29
    xinumaster 36

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Woohoo, did I win? Is this like golf? yay!!!!

:D

9. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Not sure what the above numbers meant, but if there's one available, I'd love one. Thanks.

10. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Earhtboy, I should have another one by...... the April meeting if I can make it. The 2nd mouth is there and it's taken in food so I just need time to break out the ginsu :) (sp)

11. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Sweet, so am I officially "in line" for it?

Thanks!! (either way)

tb

12. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=Earthboy17 link=topic=3146.msg35248#msg35248 date=1204062013]
    Sweet, so am I officially "in line" for it?

Thanks!! (either way)

tb[/quote]

Yep. It's a little scrunched up right now so I'm going to give it a few days and seperate it from the .... mother... parent..... or what ever :) so it can heal up before I get it to you. I still don't know what meeting I'll be making it to yet but if I don't get back to you in time for the April meeting we'll figure something out.

13. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

That's great. Thanks Levi!

Get it to me whenever! I'm more interested in the health of it than I am in the speed of it getting to me.

TB

14. LeviT

LeviT Guest

The second ric is cut and healing. I'm thinking I'll have these 2 at the BOD meeting but I'll let you know. It looks like one in the original post is already starting to get a 2nd mouth :)

That'll be one for patchin and one for Earthboy17.

15. patchin

Thank you. Pickup at BOD?

16. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=patchin link=topic=3146.msg35663#msg35663 date=1204301659]
    Thank you. Pickup at BOD?[/quote]

I'll let you know, still have to check the family calendar.

17. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

can you post pics as they are growing? It'd be really interesting to see.

And what do you feed them?

tb

18. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Here you go.

Mother colony after fragging
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/My%20DBTC/ricordea9.jpg[/img]

New ric
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/My%20DBTC/ricordea103rd.jpg[/img]

Fragged in Jan
    [img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/My%20DBTC/ricordea112nd.jpg[/img]

19. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

so cool looking!

20. patchin

Very sad day. Came home from work and Levi's baby blue ricordia had melted. I had turned off the power heads to feed last night and only turned the interior power head on. Mistakingly left the return head off. almost everything else looked normal. I'm bummed :-[