Purple Zoos

Discussion in 'DBTC - Zoas' started by georgec, Aug 18, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. georgec

georgec Guest

Hi all,

Did some cleaning of my tank today and broke off some frags of my purple zoos while trying to pry them out of the live rock they were on to move them into some better light.

Nothing fancy, but thought it was time to offer up something since so many people have helped me out here:

Old picture of mother colony under PC lighting:
    [​IMG]

• [li]I have 2 4-5 polyp frags on plugs.[/li]
      [li]For BAR members. [/li]
      [li]Standard DBTC rules apply.[/li]
      [li]Located in SF and work downtown/FiDi[/li]

Eileen, you have dibs on one if you're interested... finally got around to fragging this thing.

2. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Cool Thanks George!!!

3. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I'll take one, I should be over in SF soon. If it works out, that would be great.
    Steve

4. georgec

georgec Guest

Alright,

Eileen and Steve for the 2 frags. Let me know when it will work to come by and pick them up.

5. patchin

PM'd ya.

6. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

George - not sure when I'll swing by, unless I can swing by and have lunch.

7. georgec

georgec Guest

How long will zoo's keep? If they'll keep, I can bring them to work and we could try to meet up for lunch next week downtown. Maybe try and grab Bryan too.

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Pour some tank water on a paper towel, fold it around your frag, and stick the whole thing inside a cheapie thermos. That can go for 2-3 days.

Don't make a huge wad of paper towel, and don't make it super drippy. Just a little damp with minimal water in the thermos is fine. Makes for good gas exchange for the zoas.

9. patchin

Good info. Does this work for other cora;s also?

10. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

They can keep for up to six hours or so in a plastic zip lock container or double-ziplocked bag.

I have a few tanks at work to put them into, once I get them from you. :D

11. georgec

georgec Guest

Steve, sent you a PM during the week. Not sure if you got it.

12. patchin

George,
    Sorry for not responding to the PM. We're hoping to come this morning. Hope we can hookup.
    Thanks, Steve

13. patchin

Purple zoos pick up from George. Thank you. Nice place George. We had lunch down the street at Pacific Catch, very good food. Very nice neighborhood!!

14. georgec

georgec Guest

Glad it worked out for you. Let me know how they do.

15. patchin

Will do! I put it in my new nano/quarantine tank. Thanks again. athe guy with the clam and tang flaked on us. we took a nice drive through the presidio and Baker Beach.