Question about the Right Lighting for my tank????

Discussion in 'Propagation' started by CrackRaider, Dec 20, 2008.

1. CrackRaider

CrackRaider Guest

So what is better for your Coral, to have a High lumen at 65 or a high kelvin at 20k??? im just trying to find right Metal Halide

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

3. CrackRaider

CrackRaider Guest

so do you think i can go with a lumen at 65 and and 4000-4500k?? cause i also have a t5 HO as well that im going to run with the MH as well..

4. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I wouldn't use something with that low of a kelvin myself, not only will it not have very good color, you may run into bleaching issues when acclimating corals.

5. CrackRaider

CrackRaider Guest

Thank you for all your help!!! if you know any one that wants to sell any of there lighting let them know that im looking around..

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=CrackRaider link=topic=5657.msg70903#msg70903 date=1229821354]
    Thank you for all your help!!! if you know any one that wants to sell any of there lighting let them know that im looking around..
    [/quote]

What are you looking for? I might have something lying around I can hook you up with.

7. CrackRaider

CrackRaider Guest

well i need a few things like a chiller for a 125g tank and a calcium reactor??? i found a place the will sell me the lights for a good price.

8. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

First, What kind of coral are you nursing?