High Tide Aquatics

Radion Gen 3 Pro Vs Kessil 360's? Which is....

Well, I don't have any experience with Radions. I have a few friends who had them, and the amount of adjustability was quite impressive. Just about enough to drive them insane, trying to decide on the perfect settings.

Personally, if I had the Vortech pumps......I would go with radions. Kind of like Apple......if you are already in the eco system, you might as well stay there. I believe they make a good product.

However, if you don't have Vortechs, I think the Kessils are an amazing product. I have enjoyed great success with mine, and I have at least two original lights that are getting close to 4 years running at 100%. Mostly I have just replaced the ballasts, but a few burnt out, and Kessil quickly replaced them, free of charge.

If you already have an APEX, or some kind of controller that works with Kessil, then they are definitely a good option. I do think however, that they benefit from some supplemental lighting to help with shadowing and overall brightness.

If you have any specific questions about them, feel free to PM me.

Sounds like you are in for a good Christmas!! Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard to argue with either ones. Kris's tank has amazing color under his kessils and I like the color I'm getting under my radio show. When I upgrade sometime next year ( maybe ) I'm going for the new radion's

Define better. More par? Light blending? Controls?

Personally, I've tried both (for a short time). The Radions remind me of a bigger more powerful AI Hydra 52 but there was still a little color separation at the edges

Kessils are essentially set it and forget it lights. With the spectral controller you can set ramp and peak times as well as color.

Radions give you more control over each color but I think that adds more complexity than is necessary. This I think is where a lot of people fail with controllable LEDs. They set it according to what looks good to them but that often means higher in reds n greens which is not good for corals. After playing with mine for a while, I just set it with the blue channel lights up and left then there. Just like Kessils already do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked is I currently have four Kessil 360's above my tank, but picked up two Radions yesterday when I bought out a tank part-out. I only need a few of the items, and originally had no plan on using the Radions, but you know that itch you get when new "somethings" are in the house. You start thinking ..... maybe I should try these.....

The consensus indicates I should just stick with my Kessil's, so I'll be throwing these up for sale shortly along with a lot of other stuff. Thanks for the help.

Back