got ethical husbandry?

Ramen

bought at osaka or fukuoka airport when she was flying back to the states. my sister in law is from kumamoto - the land of horse meat.

Anyone mention Suzu yet in Japan town. I know a lot of people usually judge ramen mainly on the soup base, but no one can top their homemade al dente noodles.

is this the restaurant that is next to the flower shop that is always crowded and closes early? still cant get a seat....

Finally ate at Santouka in the Mitsuwa store. I usually go to Kahoo (which is in the same plaza), but since I was there on Monday, figured that I would try it out. After I was done, I was somewhat underwhelmed...

I'm not sure if I just had high expectations, but it wasn't what I was expecting. The noodles weren't springy and there was no depth to the soup.

Anyone else have any other recommendations in the South Bay (San Jose/Santa Clara specifically)?

Santouka is actually a restaurant chain. I have not tried the one in San Jose yet, but I did for NJ and Chicago. Both of them are also inside Mitsuwa.
Their ramen is actually very good on the Tonkotsu type and close to what you get in Japan. If you want to try other place, you can try:
Ramen Halu - really close to Mitsuwa
Ramen Santa - San Mateo
Maruichi - Milpitas
Honestly, I am not a big fan of Kahoo.
Well, I guess different people has different taste profile, that is why so many different ramen in Japan. The latest trend in Japan is a blended soup.

Ibn

Next time you're in that area and feel like Ramen, just head up Saratoga to Halu. Tons better IMO. Too bad there's no shinsengumi up here though....I'm craving some Hakata Ramen right about now.

I've actually been to some of them...

Santa - way too salty
Halu - didn't leave an impression

There's another place in Sunnyvale/Mtn. View that I went to a long time ago. I remembered that it was decent, but forgot what it was called...

I'll have to take another look at Halu again and stop by Maruichi sometime. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Santa was salty, Halu only leaves an impression on me due to the unique flavor of the dashi. Theres a couple izakaya's in Sunnyvale, but I don't think/know if they do ramen.

Back