Reef nutrition

Randy's Red Sea Reefer 250

I'd be interested in your vamps in drag if you DBTC it. I got some of those flashlight zoas from the CFM too. I also got some blue rhinos and armor of gods too.

I'd be interested in your vamps in drag if you DBTC it. I got some of those flashlight zoas from the CFM too. I also got some blue rhinos and armor of gods too.

I can do that. Though I'm not sure Vamps really need a DBTC, they grow like weeds. Let me know when you're out in Mipitas for work and I can meet up with you somewhere.

Had my first real scare, potentially almost a system crash this morning. I have been meaning to set up a battery back up system for my 2 MP40s and Vectra M1 pumps, but have been putting it off due to laziness. Well, power for the first time since moving into this house went off around 5:45am today. Pretty much all of Castro Valley was out of power I heard. To make things worse, I had to be in the office for an 8am meeting. So I didn't have many quick options. So this battery operated Penn-Plex B10 air pump became my lifeline. I was lucky as I purchased this 2-3 weeks ago on a whim, on the thought that I could use this for livestock transport. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount water movement created throughout the tank. I wouldn't even call it flow, but at least I could see particles moving slowly and tentacles ever so slightly swaying.

RLHvxt930j6ZYBDxaW3oJDKfdtxEKCldFIu7gvn6Tha-Sk3nU8m16IS4jAu5sGzElzptrI-doevsUNftTc4hx5XP2yxP-q-uybHQzyllacp_N5c09qhaJOSSXxYx8hYtAKtALoqSVVxuUGHn0z-SqQ=s0-d-e1-ft

At any rate, crisis averted because my wife called me at 7:15am during my drive and said power was back on. In that 1.5 hours though, pH dropped around 0.1. So in my estimation, this single unit is not enough (it's only rated for a 29 gallons) - two might suffice. I would have had another option though, I have a bypass on my solar system to disconnect from grid and power a single outlet in the garage. It's sunny enough today to have enough juice to power my tank and freezer (I got an infant with breast milk to protect - that's a whole another stress level from my wife).

Moral of the story, be ready for the worse. Battery backup option has been ordered, along with a second Penn-Plex.

So I'm supposed to be in "grow out mode" and not buy any new coral pieces and like a num num, I went to a fish store a few days ago. I couldn't resist this Acropora Gomezi. Has some really nice blue/purple polyps and is a green base with purple tips. I'm such a sucker.....

Day_0172_20170222_gomezi.jpg

Wow, that is a pretty one. If you DBTC it let me know.

I hear you about the power outage. My power went out the other day from 8:30 to about 4:00. I went to buy a generator since I could use it for my business and call it a business expense, but I didn't find anything I liked. So I called around and found a petsmart that had two battery powered air pumps. Like yours they are only rated for 30 gallons so I kept one in my big tank full time and alternated the other one between my 30 gallon and the 125 every half hour or so. Everything seems to have pulled through. Talk about stressful though.

We also had two large batches of breast milk get thawed out and become unusable. The first time the whole fridge stopped working. Called the repair man to fix it, then it went out again a couple months later. We got a new fridge after that. At least 2 gallons gone each time. Needless to say my wife was crying over it.

We also had two large batches of breast milk get thawed out and become unusable. The first time the whole fridge stopped working. Called the repair man to fix it, then it went out again a couple months later. We got a new fridge after that. At least 2 gallons gone each time. Needless to say my wife was crying over it.
My wife would be devastated. So much hard work, energy and emotion around breast milk. Two gallons??!?! That's a crazy amount of milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a pretty one. If you DBTC it let me know.
Will do. Hopefully, it'll get some good growth so I can do it sooner than later.

I hear you about the power outage. My power went out the other day from 8:30 to about 4:00. I went to buy a generator since I could use it for my business and call it a business expense, but I didn't find anything I liked. So I called around and found a petsmart that had two battery powered air pumps. Like yours they are only rated for 30 gallons so I kept one in my big tank full time and alternated the other one between my 30 gallon and the 125 every half hour or so. Everything seems to have pulled through. Talk about stressful though.

Yeah, if the power didn't come back on, I would have been pretty distracted at work stressing out about the power.

I don't ever want to experience this. Wife (and my daughter too) would probably be crying. My wife was going to drive them to my sister's house in Danville if the power didn't come back on in a couple of hours. I think my wife had around 300oz at the time of the power outage.

Will do. Hopefully, it'll get some good growth so I can do it sooner than later.

Yeah, if the power didn't come back on, I would have been pretty distracted at work stressing out about the power.

I don't ever want to experience this. Wife (and my daughter too) would probably be crying. My wife was going to drive them to my sister's house in Danville if the power didn't come back on in a couple of hours. I think my wife had around 300oz at the time of the power outage.
That's a good stockpile. We actually sold, I think, about 100 oz. to a family in San Francisco for like $1.50/oz.. People will pay good money for it.

Back