High Tide Aquatics

Ravie's Reef

Yep. Look for some monti's or perhaps a slimer and see how they do. I would tend to place SPS in the higher parts of your tank with the most light and you will probably be fine.

"Green Slimer" Acropora yongei I believe is the species.

Although I vote on Pink Birdsnest.. that thing is a beast, and best of all it'll give you an idea of how good your lighting is depending on which color it turns. I'm sure there will be plenty at the frag swap, seriously, wait until the 11th round or whatever and all the SPS that are easy to keep will most likely be on the table.

Well if you see me tug on my arm, I'll pick something out for you, I don't plan on picking anything except maybe the first round if that, so I can get you a starter piece or two.

Ok, it's been a while since I posted on my thread. I recently moved and so it gave me an opportunity to rearrange the rock work again. Here are a few current picture's.

And in the "Moon Light"

I like the rock work much better than it was. It is back as far as it can go so there is lots of room in the front!

I'm sooo excited. :bigsmile: I got my first Acro. I have placed it up high to be close to the light. The lighting is a 150W MH. I can see the polyps extended and appears to be doing well at this point. Does anyone know what type of Acro this may be?

I added this anemone back in January or February with the hopes my clown's would host it. For the longest time my clown's would not even go to it. Then one day, within the last month, my female clown began hosting in the anemone. It's so cute; she snuggles right down into it. If anything comes near it, she will protect it. She has started to ignore the other clown (poor thing).

When I first got this anemone, it split in the first month. The second anemone went everywhere in the tank. It disappeared for a bit and I found it in my filter sock when I changed it! I placed it back up in the display tank and again, it goes everywhere. It seems to be holding still in its current location more recently. I thought the darn thing had shrunk due to lack of food (hard to find it at times), but it must have split because I have a very petite anemone in my tank now, for a total of 3.

This is the first split (#2)

This is the petite anemone (#3)

Back