Jestersix

Ray's 125G Cuttle Rearing System

Thanks all. My vague understanding is that the first few batches might not be reliable, but I currently do not plan to raise these, so if anyone wants these eggs, let me know.

magnetar68 said:
lattehiatus said:
So cool! Out of curiosity, how often do you see your cuttles flashing?

They are pretty much always flashing. You should come on over and check them out.

Thanks for the invite, I most certainly will! One of these days I intend to start keeping cephs, and will need to rely on you and Rich's expertise. :)

I have tons of eggs, but they are small, so I don't think they are viable. I was having issues with nitrates getting pretty high, but I was feed rather large shrimp to each cuttle 2x per day. I have gone to more medium sized shrimp 1x per day and the nitrates are coming down. I also added more biopellets but that has also created an bacteria bloom, so the water is a little cloudy. We also dropped out nice camera and broke the lens, so I don't have any updated pics.

The funny thing is that I had separated two males cuttles from the main display tank that were fighting with the larger male, Brutus. They seemed OK together in the smaller tank together, so I did not put in a separator. Well, now I have eggs in the smaller tank. So my two makes are obviously a male-female pair.

I know have 4 cuttles in the main display: 1 male and 3 females; and a male/female pair in the smaller tank. I gave one the the males away and one male died in the main display tank a while back from what I presume was fighting with Brutus.

Back