got ethical husbandry?

RC BAR is no more!

It's good.Now I can organize Bag sales, huge group buys and masquerade as a retailer without soiling the Bar reputation ;)

I only clicked on my book-mark 7 times before I stopped to figure out what had happened.

-Adrian

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=3978.msg47155#msg47155 date=1214404155]
It's good.Now I can organize Bag sales, huge group buys and masquerade as a retailer without soiling the Bar reputation ;)
[/quote]

goes well w/ the new forum BARF ;)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3978.msg47160#msg47160 date=1214406943]
Funny ;D :D ::)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1418686
[/quote]Second post says it all ::), goodbye RC :-*

Wow, MARS can have RC all they want. Heck, they can put up balloons, serve cake and call it MARS Central for all I care :D

Thanks for getting BARS name off that train wreck of a forum :)

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=3978.msg47171#msg47171 date=1214411079]
I don't understand what do you mean RC BAR is no more? our posts are still going on it just has a different name. Jeremy what happened.
[/quote]RC BAR is not representative of the BAR ethos, most of the posts are WTT/WTS/WTB/OT/GB, with very little actual reef discussion going on. The BOD came to the conclusion that having our name on a forum where only a very limited amount of people represent BAR, and its mission statement, is actually detrimental to BAR.

Some may say "I wouldn't have found out about BAR if it wasn't for RC", that is valid, however it's not like we're all going to stop using the page, it just doesn't have the BAR name on it. Plus, the club is growing stronger, and as the DBTC program grows so will the club.

Or in a more straight up fashion I'll quote Gresham "Thanks for getting BARS name off that train wreck of a forum", key words being "train" and "wreck" :D

Maybe they should have set a new forum up called the Greater SF Bay area for sale or trade OT post forum.

BTW i just increased my post count by 1. I rule!!!

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=3978.msg47171#msg47171 date=1214411079]
I don't understand what do you mean RC BAR is no more? our posts are still going on it just has a different name. Jeremy what happened.
[/quote]

Well yah. The forum name is what denotes the forum is about. There is no BAR forum on RC now, it's a general Greater Bay Area forum now.

Yep, per request from the BAR BOD, RC merged the forums for us :D

Dear RC Staff,

Over time, the Bay Area Reefers forum on RC has increasingly become a regional forum that is no longer representative solely of our club.

We'd like to request that the BAR forum be merged with the Greater San Francisco Bay Area Reef forum, http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=392 , and retain the name Greater San Francisco Bay Area Reef forum.

The combined forums would serve reefers of the NorCal/Bay Area Region in a manner similar to how the SoCal Area forum serves its participants. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382335

If you would help us along with this change, we would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Here's to the new regional forum! :D :D :D

I am all for it, it seems to me that the BAR site is running really good now Hell I can't keep up with it, before the same topics were there for weeks on end now I have to search for the thread I was reading, Cool Beans.

BTW....OT...RC people scare me.

[quote author=sid700 link=topic=3978.msg47250#msg47250 date=1214427056]
Will BAR post important announcements in the Greater SF Bay Area Forum?
[/quote]

Yep.

Wow my post made it to a sticky in announcements... I'm honored! :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3978.msg47165#msg47165 date=1214409817]
[quote author=Elite link=topic=3978.msg47160#msg47160 date=1214406943]
Funny ;D :D ::)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1418686
[/quote]Second post says it all ::), goodbye RC :-*
[/quote]

Interesting other perspective to look at here, not specifically this message but I was browsing through a few more recent messages, and they have 3 people as candidates for the VP position. Now mission statement and way we push forward aside how does that look on us as a club if we don't have people who want to "in charge", as far as I can remember this club never has had an actual vote for the leadership, it was simply people who said "I'll do it" and we that was that.

Our members are smart enough not to want the positions :D

Then the positions are left to those that can't stand to see broken stuff :D :D :D

Seriously, I'm seeing a lot of potential new BOD members in the club for the next go round. Very cool :D

Back